Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Lycra in the pub Y/N
  • nealglover
    Free Member

so what? he’s a grown man. some of you sensitive little kids need to MTFU.
    some fat **** laughs at me in my lycra? i don’t give a shit. sad old bar-propping-brewers-droop-can’t-see-his-nob-for-fat sod should be dead a looong time before me. who’s laughing then?

Why does it have to be a fat bloke who’s laughing at you.

What if it’s a slim well dressed guy, who’s younger and healthier than you and likely to live longer.

Would that make a difference.

(you seem to imply that it would in your comment above)

D0NK

some fat **** laughs at me in my lycra?

well unless you’re going to the pub on your own you’ll be there with the aforementioned friends who will rip the piss and while banter should be taken on the chin you shouldn’t be setting yourself up and queueing up for it

tracknicko
    Free Member

What if he’s not fat? What if he in a lot better shape than you?
    What if everyone in the pub is in better shape than you. And there you are looking pathetically weedy in lycra with the outline of your pitiful penis obvious to all of the well-endowed adonis’.
    Who’s laughing then?

gotta be happy with your lot. i shall stride in manfully with my little pecker and order a beer.

you only live once.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’ve done it before. Got some odd looks but nothing to worry about. I was riding through Northern France over the weekend and stopping off at little cafés in Lycra looks good though.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

tracknicko having a bad day.

Top-tip: go ride your bike , you’ll feel better after.

😉

binners

France doesn’t count. That,s a nation that, collectively, thinks Speedo’s are acceptable 😯

Actually…. tracknicko…. are you by any chance…..

😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

Why does it have to be a fat bloke who’s laughing at you.
    What if it’s a slim well dressed guy, who’s younger and healthier than you and likely to live longer.
    Would that make a difference.
    (you seem to imply that it would in your comment above)

IME it’s mainly the fat beery sods that sneer. should mr fancy pants join in, i presume i’d just ignore him, which was my response to fatty too.

so either way. **** ’em. i’m a grown up. i’ll go in in a pair of speedos with a scuba mask on if i please.

tracknicko
    Free Member

ride your bike , you’ll feel better after.

most accurate thing i’ve read today. cheers bud.

wrecker
    Free Member

I liked your last answer better. 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

Actually…. tracknicko…. are you by any chance…..

just when i was about to give up on you lot as a bunch of childish lost causes, you tickle me deeply.

cheers chaps. always a pleasure.

binners

😀

fenred
    Free Member

I regularly walk into a pub mid/post ride wearing baggies, knee pads and sometimes *shock-horror* a Lycra jersey 😯

I always thought the funny looks were due to me walking mud in…Still, if I gave a flying fark about what other people think I don’t think I’d ever leave the house.

zippykona

If its too warm for baggies ,hell yes. I just know that when I walk in people are thinking “that’s one hard ridin’dude”. Besides,I’ve worn worse!
    Ps I am gorgeous so can get away with it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ll do cafe stops in lycra and have stopped at the pub but wouldn’t go down the pub after work in lycra. Given it’s all the same thing, not sure why. Social conditioning I suppose.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

just when i was about to give up on you lot as a bunch of childish lost causes, you tickle me deeply.

cheers chaps. always a pleasure.

I was just being honest & obviously youre easily pleased..

What next? Going to go & kick over some kids sand castle just ‘cos you have the hump?

philconsequence
    Free Member

pubs? pubs? what is this the 90’s?!

lycra, all day everyday. it fits under poor peoples clothes if you want to hide your body. but when you look like a young deadlydarcy, there’s no reason to hide.

damo2576
    Free Member

2. The gayest man who ever walked the earth. Someone who makes Louise Spence look like Arnie. If they don’t know you’re on a bike, people will presume your roller-blades are just out of view

Something wrong with being gay?

tracknicko
    Free Member

I was just being honest & obviously youre easily pleased..

What next? Going to go & kick over some kids sand castle just ‘cos you have the hump?

oh i see you were being condescending rather than amusing. shame. had you down as a good guy.

now duly noted.

tonyd

If you’re going to sit in the beer garden fine, especially if said bike is leaning against the table (and isn’t a brompton).

Country pub post ride, fine.

City pub after work, full on lycra and road shoes? no.

All IMO of course,

zerocool

Normally I would say no, but if the bar will be full of corporate suits and business types then I think that not only should you, but make a big point of crossing and uncrossing your legs Basic Instinct style and hugging as many of them as possible.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

oh i see you were being condescending rather than amusing. shame. had you down as a good guy.

now duly noted.

Well I thought you were acting like a bit of a n8b going around telling folk to mtfu etc…but truthfully ride the bike man – thats my plan 😉

edit: bored now, Im off for that ride. Have a good one nicko, I get the feeling you’ll try & tear someones legs off ce soir non?

jameso

🙂

a bunch of childish lost causes

I wouldn’t take that as much less than a compliment, I don’t think riding a bike in any clothes makes me cool but a childish lost cause, oh yes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

OP – first get one of your work mates and put some high energy house/80’s electro on the juke box

then strip down to just your bibs

then enter pub in a highly dramatic fashion, flinging both doors wide open and pronouncing TAADAAAHH!

proceed to gyrate and thrust energetically until bar area clears

If anyone gets shirty/cheeky gyrate uncomfortably close to them until they desist

lastly order a yard of ale and a pickled egg. Job done, you’ll be MD of the firm within a fortnight.

In other words f*** the suits

tracknicko
    Free Member

OP – first get one of your work mates and put some high energy house/80’s electro on the juke box

then enter pub in a highly dramatic fashion, flinging both doors wide open and pronouncing TAADAAAHH!

If anyone gets shirty/cheeky gyrate uncomfortably close to them until they desist

lastly order a yard of ale and a pickled egg. Job done, you’ll be MD of the firm within a fortnight.

YES

prancing, dancing handy clapping.

now i’m onboard

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

If you are dropping in during/after a ride, and are with others in Lycra, sitting in the beer garden for a quick sandwich and drink then fine. For several drinks after work with all your normally-dressed colleagues, then it’s probably not the best of looks.

djglover
    Free Member

😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

this ticked my funny bone, i’ve not noticed you before stabiliser, but you’re now on the list.

binners

Sounds fantastic, but not to Depeche Mode. i think more appropriately…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFRFyvhGRY[/video]

tracknicko
    Free Member

hell yeah.

‘what would marc almond do?’

binners

😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Men – No

Women – I can’t see why not

woody2000

Just take some mates along, you’ll be reet.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sadly I can’t substantiate that last claim but everything else is on the money.

Might have a go myself down the pub tonight, see what the farmers reckon to it.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Why is Lycra something to be ashamed of? I rather like wearing it, feels like you’re wearing nothing at all

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Stupid Sexy Flanders.

tracknicko
    Free Member

!!!

binners

wrecker
    Free Member

binners

philconsequence
    Free Member

surely all this depends on your choice of lycra:

or

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Lycra in the pub Y/N’ is closed to new replies.