Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Lycra in the pub Y/N
  • djglover
    Free Member

So, do you?

I have commuted in in bib shorts and a tight sportwool jersey. The pub in question will be full of suits on after work drinks and me in lycra.

wrecker
    Free Member

If you have to ask, you know the answer.

Candodavid
    Free Member

oh lord no, nothing worse than budgie smuggling without being next to the bike

scaled
    Free Member

Erm, do you spend all day in your lycra?!

Just wear your work clothes to the pub and get changed before heading home… SOP

theflatboy
    Free Member

a cycling jersey with normal shorts would be just about acceptable, if you’d literally just stepped off the bike. lycra shorts with nothing over them is going too far. you’d be rightly laughed at for the duration, as well.

Pigface
    Free Member

They will call you Wiggo 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Used to all the time, still would but I don’t finish my rides with a beer anymore.

brakes
    Free Member

mate once turned up for drinks at the pub after work in the City in his Lycra and got royally destroyed despite being next to his (colour-matched) bike – it didn’t help that all of us refused to sit next to him!

tracknicko
    Free Member

off the bike. lean bike on pub wall. clip clop in in me daft shoes.

if you’re in the kit, you;re in the kit. who the **** cares? a bunch of beer bellied fat **** at the bar? **** em!

allthepies
    Free Member

Major faux pas.

djglover
    Free Member

All signs pointing to no for me then 😀

jameso

It may be normal to us, but that sort of thing is why people think cyclists are weirdos and don’t want to ride a bike for fear of being ‘like one of them’ )

Can you ride to work in normal clothes? How far is it? Under 5-6 miles and it’s easy enough, more is ok at a leisurely pace.

binners

Lycra in the pub ANYWHERE? EVER? Y/N

FTFY and NO!!!!

tracknicko
    Free Member

for **** sake. are you guys serious? what are we? about 12?

binners

for **** sake. are you guys serious?

Yes. Because strutting around in lycra makes you look like one of two things

1. A sex offender
    2. The gayest man who ever walked the earth. Someone who makes Louise Spence look like Arnie. If they don’t know you’re on a bike, people will presume your roller-blades are just out of view

You may want to convince yourself there are other options. There aren’t!

I_Ache
    Free Member

There are only two places that Lycra is ever acceptable unless you are a processional athlete.

1. Socks
    2. Underpants

djglover
    Free Member

2. The gayest man who ever walked the earth. Someone who makes Louise Spence look like Arnie. If they don’t know you’re on a bike, people will presume your roller-blades are just out of view

This! and 1 to an extent is what the people of the newly named Staines-Upon-Thames will make of the thinest man in the world in tight lycra.

My own kids call me ‘Stick man’

wrecker
    Free Member

OK, Binners just won that arguement. NEXT!

Haze

I’m sure no-one will care much, you’ll look like a cyclist.

tracknicko
    Free Member

so as i said. about 12.

jota180
    Free Member

No way do you want to be anywhere other than on your bike in your Spandex pants

Take a thin pair of trackies along or something

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you are not on a bike then no

Once watched football at a mates in lycra and that was bad enough

brakes
    Free Member

just carry a nice frilly summer-dress in your basket to put on when you get there sweety.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve never had the balls to do it in lycra short and a top but I have done baggies and lycra.

jameso

people will presume your roller-blades are just out of view

I hadn’t thought of that – even more of a NO than before.

And I just had to google staines-upon-thames to see if that was a joke – it’s not.. well, it is, but it’s true. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

There are only two places that Lycra is ever acceptable unless you are a processional athlete.
    1. Socks
    2. Underpants

Struggling to find an argument against that.

In fact, I might get it printed on a Teeshirt 8)

druidh
    Free Member

It would never occur to me that this would be an issue.

khani
    Free Member

WHO..(that matters)..GAF..wear what you want.. 🙄 unless you’re 12 and bothered what other twelve year olds think…

woody74

God no!!

GW
    Free Member

Binners you have deepseated issues with your sexuality don’t you? The second you step away from your bike in any cycle clothing you uually look like a bit of a dick but having said that I did once somehow manage to pull a barmaid while wraring lycra in a pub and another time propositioned by a prostitute, still been chatted up by more men than women while wearing it tho.

Muke
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27v-jmRmx0[/video]

binners

I see there are still a few people who aren’t troubled with the curse of self-awareness.

You know whenever you walk into the pub and every time, it seems like somebody must have just told a cracking joke! What… with all the obvious hilarity being expressed by every single person in there

Well I hate to tell you this…. erm … there’s no easy way of putting this……

D0NK

WHO..(that matters)..GAF..wear what you want..

erm your none cycling buddies, hell, considering the view on here your cycling buddies too. Lycra is just not a good look off the bike, even if wiggins walked into a pub after a ride in his yellow TDF winners outfit he’d get the pish ripped. If I think I’m going to be off the bike but if I’m on a road ride or it’s too hot for proper baggies I’ll put some footy shorts on over the top of my cycling shorts. Most cycling tops aren’t full on skinsuit jobs so not bothered, if your gut strains your cycle shirts I’d maybe suggest something a bit baggier for the pub.

tracknicko
    Free Member

he’d get the pish ripped

so what? he’s a grown man. some of you sensitive little kids need to MTFU.

some fat **** laughs at me in my lycra? i don’t give a shit. sad old bar-propping-brewers-droop-can’t-see-his-nob-for-fat sod should be dead a looong time before me. who’s laughing then?

tracknicko
    Free Member

I see there are still a few people who aren’t troubled with the curse of self-awareness.

You know whenever you walk into the pub and every time, it seems like somebody must have just told a cracking joke! What… with all the obvious hilarity being expressed by every single person in there

Well I hate to tell you this…. erm … there’s no easy way of putting this……

but i presume you think you look cool in your ‘baggies’ with your jawbones and and your 5:10s and your matching pads strapped to your camel back eh?

now that’s the real **** joke. mountainbikers thinking THEY are cool.

djglover
    Free Member

I do normally wear baggies over if I’m off to the pub. But its mega hot down here and I fancied riding the proper road bike in fast, rather than the fixie, so lycra it was this morning.

tracknicko – this thread was meant to be a little light hearted!

binners

oh dear

but i presume you think you look cool in your ‘baggies’ with your jawbones and and your 5:10s and your matching pads strapped to your camel back eh?

Remember I was telling you about this ‘self-awareness’ thing. You best look it up. I’m not delusional enough to think i look cool EVER.

You seem to be struggling with the concept though

hilldodger
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member

a processional athelete……

…one who parades around in lycra presumably 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

some fat **** laughs at me in my lycra? i don’t give a shit. sad old bar-propping-brewers-droop-can’t-see-his-nob-for-fat sod should be dead a looong time before me. who’s laughing then?

What if he’s not fat? What if he in a lot better shape than you?
    What if everyone in the pub is in better shape than you. And there you are looking pathetically weedy in lycra with the outline of your pitiful penis obvious to all of the well-endowed adonis’.
    Who’s laughing then?

tracknicko
    Free Member

Remember I was telling you about this ‘self-awareness’ thing. You best look it up.

you talk to everyone like that do ya?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Lycra in the pub Y/N’ is closed to new replies.