Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Luv & Hat talk about swimming,,,
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not sure if this blog has been linked to before but it’s made me LQTM this morning…

Luv & Hat

brakes
    Free Member

hmmmQTM

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I got to the end of the second or third paragraph. I can see it was developing into something hilarious though so I have bookmarked it for later in case I might be feeling a bit down.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The second half summed up my views of swimming perfectly.

Oh and for moley and yeti –
    http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2012/07/30/iron-distance-research-study-get-involved/

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nice one Ian. I’ve e-mailed him already.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Me too.
    I think triathlons blow goats, but as I work in the same place it seemed worth expressing an interest.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m guessing you mean the Uni of Herts? Not Barcelona?

My concern with the study is that it might constrain other things I want to do…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup. The constraint thing would be one of my worries too. I’d imagine the last 10 weeks is very specific about what you can do, but I’m hoping less so in the preceding 6 months, otherwise it would be problematic.
    At the moment it’s all a bit academic. There’s also getting through screening first and with a V02Max upper limit being set at 55, there’s always the possibility of already being too awesome.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just had the letter…

I’m already too awesome!!!

I train too much.
    I’ll have done more tri’s than is allowable.
    I’m guessing my VO2 is too high as well. Could always lie though.

Oh well.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I liked the look of that, but I don’t meet their requirements either.

But then again I’m “saving” Ironman distance until 2014… my 40th year… so that it can be a proper mid-life crisis thing.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I must be planning on dying earlier than you Ro5ey.

Can’t remember if I congratulated you on the half or not… if not… congratulations. You doing another?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Cheers

Not this year, will do another Oly or two if I can find them. Then the plan is to do 3 or 4 HIM next year building into 2014 with a couple more HIM, as warm ups, before doing a full IM.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Luv & Hat talk about swimming,,,’ is closed to new replies.