Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Luther
  • warton
    Free Member

Love it..

that is all

lowey

Yep, excellent telly.

clunker

Agreed. Can’t wait for next weeks.

ton

pretty good starter

allthepies
    Free Member

A bit cr@p really I thought.

Plot ropey, technically poor also with shocking continuity (shots of actors with mouths closed when they were supposed to be talking). And they’d nicked* an actress from The Shadow Line + one of the seedy locations also.

Hopefully will get better, thought the last series was good.

* OK, so there’s only a “talent” pool so deep I guess.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, good to have something decent on telly for once. It’s been crap recently

trailmonkey

it’s good stuff, i like it.

felt the continuation from last series to this was a bit of a cop out though. everything just forgotten, all friends now.

jimster
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, but have to agree with previous comments regarding continuation from last series, plot being a bit thin – how did he get the pass-card for the insitution to chuck over the wall, and how did Punch get in the back of the car without anyone noticing?

I also had trouble hearing what he was saying for the first 5 minutes or so… 😕

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can some one fill me on the back story. I didn’t see the last series.

What happened to Luther’s missus?

Who is the woman in the psychiatric unit and why did he slip her what looked like a keycard in the apple? Assume its for her to break out but why would he be helping her to break out?

IanMunro
    Free Member

What jimster and allthepies said.
    But as long as there’s plenty of Alice I’ll be happy 🙂

maccruiskeen

Can some one fill me on the back story. I didn’t see the last series

Um – its a long story. However I think theres an allowance for people having not seen the first one, anything that needs filling in will be as it plays out

ourmaninthenorth

It was OK – bit to comic horror for me.

Not really progressed from the first series (or do we call them “seasons” now?), whereas other TV shows have.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Think I’ll stick to the Shadow Line. Far superior, just a shame it is coming to an end this week as it has been superb throughout.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aye. The shadowline has been fantastic!

geoffj

Better than Case Histories?

mcboo
    Free Member

They filmed a couple of scenes in the street out the back of our office in Hoxton. Idris Elba is big handsome fella, girls in the office were having kittens.

I never watch cops n robbers (on British TV), should I be watching this?

ourmaninthenorth

Think I’ll stick to the Shadow Line. Far superior

Yep. It’s moved on British crime TV. I know it’s so self consciously stylised, but I like that – and the noir-ish clipped and purposed dialogue – a great deal. Plot is sort of secondary.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Better than Case Histories?
    God Yes!
    Well, having said that I only managed about half an episode of case histories before having enough of all the cliches. But it might have picked up since then.

spacemonkey

Case Histories?

Christ, I’d rather watch the Teletubbies than that shit. One of the worst crime dramas in recent years IMO (and on the Beeb too)!

+1 Shadow Line: excellent throughout, albeit last week’s deaths were possibly a bit contrived.

warton
    Free Member

hmm, that shadowline looks worth a watch, may start watching that tonight

Cooroo
    Free Member

Case Histories suffers a bit from the fact that the books are written with a wonderfully light touch, wit and darkness combined. Rather like a dramatisation of Jane Austen, all you’re left with is the plot, which without the authorial voice can be a bit thin.

Mind you, I loved it! It’s not supposed to be a straight cops’n’robbers show.

geoffj

Cooroo +1

’twas a bit odd being set in Edinburgh with such a paucity of Scottish accents though.

gonefishin
    Free Member

’twas a bit odd being set in Edinburgh with such a paucity of Scottish accents though.

Why would there be many scottish accents in Edinburgh? 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

Yeah, good to have something decent on telly for once. It’s been crap since about 1982

Fixed

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Spiral was good too.

DrJ

Spiral was totally ace. Just watched series 1 and 2 on DVD. Riveting!!!

trailmonkey

only caught up with spiral at series 3. would like to see 1 & 2.

bit like watching the sweeney 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You can’t compare Case Histories to Luther, they are both very different, Case Histories is quite funny I think and take it as it’s meant, light hearted.

Luther was good, didn’t even know there had been a first series, only watched it tonight so glad I didn’t read this thread earlier. Hate that whole sitting on each of seat though I’m rubbish!!!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

We watched season 3 and then 1 + 2, awesome!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You taling about The Wire there Bushwacked? MMMM Elba in Season 1 of The Wire .. HOT or WHAT!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Nah, spiral. But the wire is awesome too. Not sure which is more awesome though

maccruiskeen

I’ve worked with him, and he is a hunk (even though he was made up to look like he’d fallen into a threshing machine most of the time). Seriously method though. I didn’t see him out of character for the best part of 4 weeks. A few months later we met a party, and it was weird, he knew me but I didn’t feel like I’d met him before

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What is Spiral? Never heard of it, sounds like something I should have though! They were saying that even producers etc of The Wire didn’t know he was British until after they had selected him as he spoke throughout in his Baltimore accent! Impressive.

warton
    Free Member

Seriously method though. I didn’t see him out of character for the best part of 4 weeks.

Bet you’re glad you didn’t work on the Wire!

rOcKeTdOg

another reason for watching

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so tonights episode was a bit crazy and off the wall, that much so that I found it just a bit annoying! Anyone else?

rOcKeTdOg

nail through the hand, ouch

showerman
    Free Member

i was lost all the way through yes good telly but even the wife was lost

spacemonkey

Started off okay but become too contrived. I fear they might try and stretch the level of dramatism in the remaining episodes in an attempt to upstage themselves and the competition.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I thought Stringer Bell was a fascinating character in The Wire and thought he should have his own series. Not seen Luther yet, but I’ve set my parents sky+ to record it as I have only pleb TV. I imagine Luther to be a nice suited, well respected, silent but deadly character, living outside or on the edge of the law, running on his own intuition and experience, all shades of grey, etc, etc…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Luther’ is closed to new replies.