Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lurcher advice please (bike not dog)
  • cyclebiker

Hello all,

I am currently looking at upgrading my frame due to the sale at the moment. I currently have an on one inbred 29er that I use for everything, mostly road riding with the occasional off road jaunt.
    I have been looking for reviews on google but there there is a lack of anything useful, most of the information on here relates to the late delivery with the first of the lurchers released.

Does anyone have one, how does it ride, what are press fit BBs like? Any help or advice would be really good to try and make my mind up as to upgrade or not.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Straightliner

I have one set up singlespeed with the rigid race fork and it’s lovely, and very light. I had a steel inbred before, so geometry wise it’s very similar, but a much lighter frame and fork which is both precise but comfortable for all day epics. I managed to get mine very cheaply as it was an un-decalled plain black one, and the fork was half price (one of the On-One random offers)

The press fit BB is the one thing I don’t like – I seem to get through them more quickly than I ever did with Shimano external BBs, and as I don’t have the correct bearing puller/press, it usually has to go to the shop to get fitted which is annoying.

I definitely recommend it, it’s a cracking bike and actually looks really nice in the flesh.

cyclebiker

Thanks straightliner. Any more lurcher owners around at the weekend?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lurcher advice please (bike not dog)’ is closed to new replies.