Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lunch options in Edinburgh..?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Where is nice for sandwiches and the like close to Edinburgh University?

Garry_Lager

Which part CaptJon? If it’s King’s Buildings the answer is nowhere (literally). Central campus you’re in the city so there’s loads of options.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The bit around George Square. The nearer the better preferably as i’m at a conference and the breaks aren’t very long.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Go east and you’ll find a few places on Nicholson St, or north to Bristo Squatre area. There’s also the union at Teviot. Ages since I’ve eaten there so I can’t recommend anywhere.

Think there’s a Sainsburys metro, west, on Middle Meadow Walkway.

Garry_Lager

You can walk 2 mins west to the quatermile where there’s a Swedish cafe (Peter’s Yard). It’s a nice spot for lunch although the food is nothing special IMHO. There’s a Starbucks next door which is starbucks-like.

Walk east to Potterow and there’s plenty of cafes there and round the corner to W Nicholson St. One on the corner is decent – pink olive. Someone else will have better recommendations – I used to work in the surburban wasteland of KB so didn’t get up that way much for lunch.

DougD

Large chicken shawarma wrap from palmyra on nicholson street ftw

hels
    Free Member

You are right near the central mosque so loads of good curry etc places in that part of town. The mosque kitchen does quick cheap curries and you can sit in and eat.

jimmy

What DougD said x 1 billion

Also, Mosque kitchen and Kebab Mahal in Nicholson Square.

hels
    Free Member

P.S and there are some Greggs in that part of town you know, it’s Scotland, not Poland.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Thanks all.

hels – i avoid greggs in Newcastle, and i’m on expenses so can do better than a couple of sausage rolls!

bigjim

expenses hey? steak bake it is then, pyare qwality man

palmyra does a mean falafel too

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Not the RGS IBG Jon? Either way, head east and most of the streets immediately adjoining the campus area will have something.

Kunstler

Rudi’s Italian Deli and sandwich shop on Forrest Road (just over from the top of Middle Meadow Walk – close to George Sq). ‘Gourmet sandwiches’ but not pricey – it’s very popular and there can be queues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lunch options in Edinburgh..?’ is closed to new replies.