Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lumicycle
  • stabilizers

Anyone else having difficulty contacting Lumicycle either by phone or e-mail?
    Been trying for over a week now and cant get a response. I’ve left details to call back on and tried 2 separate e-mail addresses. Checked junk mail folders etc.
    I know it will be a busy period but some response would be good.
    I need to get a repair done on my LED lamp if possible.

thanks

granny_ring

Not 100% but thought they weren’t going anymore?
    apologies if I’m mistaken.

bruneep

Contact Mark at https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/ he’s sorted out a couple of lights for me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmo
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/lumicycleuk/

last up date was only a couple of weeks ago so suggests still about

https://www.lumicycle.com

what I do note is the numbers are different ???

and the Facebook site does mention a few IT issues.

snaps
    Free Member

I contacted them back in April regarding a repair & a battery upgrade, initially had a quick reply but then nothing even after sending them three further emails – ended up selling the light for spares on Ebay.
    I’ll not buy a Lumicycle product again.

stabilizers

Bruneep.
    Thanks. Looks good. I’ll check them out.

stabilizers

Thanks for all the replies. Always smells of trouble when company comms go dark like that regardless of the situation.
    No issues with Lumicycle. Their kit has always been good and I really need a repair done but wanted to run it by them first. I’ll probably open up the lamp myself now and take a look. Probably a wee bit of solder and it’ll be as good as new.

pdw
    Free Member

Not 100% but thought they weren’t going anymore?
    apologies if I’m mistaken.

I think the company changed hands a couple of years ago, but is still going.

goby

No still going spoke to someone last week as had an upgrade done on one of my light units. Great products. PM me and i give you the chaps email / phone number.

footflaps

I think the company changed hands a couple of years ago, but is still going.

Yep, although I get the impression it was almost a one man band, so possible he’s ill / on holiday?

mobb

I’ve been trying to contact them as well in the last two weeks – phone calls and e-mails. Hmmmm.

footflaps

I’m amazed they’ve survived so long to be honest. In the early days they were quite innovative with Halogens etc, but post LED they’ve got no USP, can’t compete with Chinese stuff on price and can’t compete with Exposure etc on quality. No mans land of expensive but mediocre lights.

whytetrash

I’ve got lumicycles must be 8 yrs of absolutely faultless service, way better than 4 4ths I’ve got(dodgy connection and battery died after minimal use) guy was always great to chat to…. just for balance 😉

gazza100

Bought the new apogee light a few weeks ago. Made a couple of enquiries by email which were promptly replied to.

BadlyWiredDog

No mans land of expensive but mediocre lights.

They’re actually pretty good. And one of the few lights on the market that can be switched up or down rather than having to cycle through modes in order of ascending brightness in order to go down a level. Mine have been flawless and still going strong. They still win the odd magazine test too.

I have Exposure stuff also and it’s good, but I’ve sent back two TraceRs that failed, A Diablo with a dead switch, a broken remote switch and a Joystick that went back three times for the same fault. All sorted out because Exposure’s customer service is good, but my Lumicycle bar light have actually been more reliable fwiw.

simondbarnes

I still occasionally use my Lumicycle HID from 2003 🙂

trumpton
    Free Member

I still use my halogen set with nimh batteries.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Mine are so old I can’t remember when I got them, started with a twin halogen set and moved up to an LED unit, all still working though I only use the led now.

stabilizers

Update.
    Thanks to Goby I got in contact with Stewart at Lumicycle. Light fixed for a very reasonable fee. All good.
    After commuting with my wifes Lezyne its apparent the Lumicycle is a way better tool for the job. The Lezyne is OK though.

kcal

Still have a couple of film canister halogens just, well, because..

Beagleboy

I used my Lumi halogens last winter, for the first time in years. I wanted to go out on my old P7 hardtail and couldn’t find the adapter to fit my lumi LED on it’s narrower diameter bars. I still love the warm light from halogens, but jeepers, it’s amazing how fast they burn through the battery and how little light they throw out compared to modern kit!

footflaps

I still love the warm light from halogens,

I still think it’s better for picking out detail on tarmac. White LED light just seems to vanish and you don’t get much reflected back.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Lumicycle’ is closed to new replies.