Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lucozade light – wtf?
  • votchy
    Free Member

So, yet another pointless drink, 50 calories per serving, ranks up there in the pointless category along with alcohol free beer and caffeine free coffee. Using a generic programme I burn approx 2000 calories per ride, using Lucozade light to fuel my ride requires 40 bottles which is 20 litres, would need to p1ss like a racehorse if I drank that much every 2.5hrs.

29erKeith
    Free Member

re-brand and different flavours to their Hydrate range more or less isn't it ?

a bit like Coke Diet/Zero, Pepsi Diet/Max
    Same sh*t, different name for different market

sometimes people are after hydration with minimal carbs
    Nuun etc

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think your mistake is trying to fuel your ride with energy drinks alone?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

look at it the other way, there's probaly plenty more people unnecessarily taking in calories from sugary lucozade than supreme athletes like you suffering from defecit

chakaping
    Free Member

I bet more Lucozade gets taken to sick people in hospital than gets drunk by sporting persons anyway.

finbar
    Free Member

I think most people who genuinely use sports drinks for the intended purpose buy High5 or something like that, Lucozade is for people in gyms. And they don't need the calories anyway, so it's probably quite a good idea.

backhander
    Free Member

I love the taste of lucozade original. Lovely.
    Mind you I also drink caffiene free coffee. I like the taste but want to sleep sometimes.

jam-bo

sometimes people are after hydration with minimal carbs

like water?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you might prefer to try using food ?

avdave2

need to p1ss like a racehorse

Perhaps you could try racehorse piss instead of the lucozade.
    It's probably still full of performance enhancing substances that will sort you right out.

bigrich

sweet tea and cake

mudshark
    Free Member

Lucozade was originally for ill people but marketing people found a new market for it in sports people and then normal people started drinking it too; like expensive trainers designed for sporting performance but mostly worn by teen gamers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lucozade light – wtf?’ is closed to new replies.