Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • LT Hardtail Fork choice?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for what Northwind says. Had lyriks on my HT and swapped to Revs. Feels better balanced now for what i use it for.

Edit: just to add, I’m not a big hefty chap so I don’t notice much flex at all in the Revs, but I certainly noticed the extra weight in the lyriks.

Lester
    Free Member

I have a set of magura thors 140 which have a double brace and are not flexy in the slightest
    i also have a very nice set of Marzocchi rc44 ti 150 forks

both for sale 🙂

winch
    Free Member

Slants have arrived, they look very nice and have a quality feel about them. Certainly look a lot beefier than my Revs so I can see why people are saying they’re a good bit stiffer. Pleasantly surprised that they come in slightly under weight on my scales, 1887g with uncut steerer. I’m really just waiting for the frame now, the suspense is killing me!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Me too mate. I hadnew forks but now, thanks to Ribble, I have a full new drivetrain and brakes.

Hopefully the frames will turn up this week.

It’s killing me waiting as I’m bikeless.

winch
    Free Member

I’m also bikeless. Well, I have my Soul but since its cracked at the chainstays and the headtube I might pop to the shops on it at best. Certainly won’t do for my up and coming trip to the Lakes 😕

Not going to go far wrong with a full shimano transmission and brakes. Which did you go for out of interest?

daveh
    Free Member

Where did you get the Slants from winch? I ordered some last week via a LBS but it was out of stock and Upgrade won’t have any until October apparently.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My build is:

16″ Orange Alpine
    SLX brakes – Ribble sale
    Xt shifters – Ribble sale
    Hope pro 2 evo on flow evo
    SLX triple – converted to double and e13 bash
    XT Cassette and chain – thanks to Ribbles sale
    2013 Rockshox Sektor 140mm tapered solo air
    Mix of Easton and Truvativ bars stem and seat post.

It was gonna be a build with old parts but the Ribble sale was so good I bought everything new.

winch
    Free Member

daveh – freeborn.co.uk In stock at £399. They’re just down the road from the distributor and the guy I spoke to (Michael) said that the distributor had about 10 pairs in stock (non DLA).

EDIT: Not sure why upgrade, wiggle etc have to wait quite so long for theirs.

winch
    Free Member

Mosey, that should make for a great bike. My similar but slightly different build:

18″ White Alpine
    Hope Brakes
    Xt shifters/derailleurs
    Hope pro 2 evo on flow EX
    M660 SLX double, hope bash, blackspire stinger.
    XT Cassette, KMC chain
    Slants
    Easton havoc carbon bars and haven alu seat post (until I can get some money together for a dropper!)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Oh yeah forgot, picked up a clutch SLX rear mech and a double specific SLX front.

Couldn’t resist, the whole drivetrain came to £104.

The white looks stunning, I’ve changed my frame colour 4 times.

daveh
    Free Member

Definitely the 160s? I was told no 160s in stock at upgrade (the distributor), therefore the lbs can’t get hold of any. 120s (which can go up to 140 max) are in stock though I prefer the future proofing of the 160s.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Leave what?

winch
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here…

The thread, I think we got a bit off topic!

daveh – give them a ring yourself. I ordered my 160’s yesterday and they arrived today on next day delivery 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Our chat was still about LT hardtails and our fork choice 😉

winch
    Free Member

daveh – if you are tempted by the 120’s then you may be interested to hear that at wiggle you can have them for £364 if you use the code paypal20, and both colours currently in stock.

daveh
    Free Member

Ooo, moral dilemma!

Edit: +Ooo, consumer champion dilemma!

winch
    Free Member

What are they going on daveh?

daveh
    Free Member

Bandit 26. Though to qualify for the thread I have options involving a Marin Rocky Ridge, presently with 150 Revs. That counts as a LT hardtail!

winch
    Free Member

…oh, and while your at it might as well do the newsletter unsubscribe and resubscribe thing, get them down to £359!

Edit: Though for what it’s worth, I think I’d stick with having the option to run them at 150/160.

kudos100
    Free Member

Ran 36’s on my sov for a bit when the seal popped on my revelations.

Felt like a bag of shite at 160mm, much better at 130mm. The difference in weight was noticeable.

Much better when I put the revs back on it.

The advantages of having a big fork are typically lost on a hardtail. Stick to something less beefy and the bike will be more balanced and fun to ride.

winch
    Free Member

I think I’ll be running my Slants at 140, once I get around to lowering them which is more of a pita than the Rockshox I’m used to as it involves pressing out the pin from the “ladder”.

daveh
    Free Member

Yeah. Wiggle tempting but I think in the long run I’d regret it. That leaves the Freeborn option though…..

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Tic toc tic toc

daveh
    Free Member

Upgrade showing stock again for black 160 Slants…..!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the Slants. Might look at some 140’s for my build.

maurizio
    Free Member

know how you feel, i’ve done all the familys bikes for no reason than the build!

i too would be interested in how the slants feel, and i’m impressed by the weight!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘LT Hardtail Fork choice?’ is closed to new replies.