Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Low profile, “skinny” goggles for open face helmet.
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance, but last time I was after goggles, was probably good 35 years ago when I was learning to ski 😀

Sloppy time is coming and my greatest issue with my beloved M-Frames is not enough protection from the bottom. Maybe it is only me, but despite using mudguards (Mud Hugger and Crud Catcher) I’m always ending up with perfectly  aimed mud spray in the least appropriate moment – fast, technical downhill.

So to summarise my problem: looking for low profile, skinny goggles to use with open face lid.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers!

I.

jam-bo

Which helmet? I got some giro ones as the profile fits my montaro perfectly.

IvanMTB
    Free Member
    kayak23

Look for some tactical/combat goggles. They tend to be lower profile.

geex
    Free Member

fit a Rapidracer proguard long

or have some respect for yourself and wear a full face with your goggles

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Good hint with tacticals.

Rapid racer is OK, but I have a fat front and they do not have that option available. Full face will be massive over-kill for type of riding I’m doing so rather not.

Swimming goggles… Errrmmm… No, thanks 🙂

Cheers!

I.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Googles, lids and face is one of those combo’s that have infinite variations of what works well, best advice is to go and try some on though finding a shop with enough sets is tough unless you have a decent DH shop around, after that be prepared to send some back!!

Failing that the ultimate low profile is some good riding glasses which is where I end up as my head/nose shape combo mean they don’t really work well for me,

geex
    Free Member

Goggles and an open face helmet on a fatbike?

This thread just keeps giving

😀

IvanMTB
    Free Member

fatbike?

You are inventing thing Sir 🙂 Fat front yes, fat bike not…

I might have a nosy around and try some if will be able to find any on shelves.

Cheers!

I.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Low profile, “skinny” goggles for open face helmet.’ is closed to new replies.