Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Low ( not non) alcohol beer
  • darthpunk
    Free Member

After listening to a podcast with Lee Mack, he mentioned FreeDamm as “his favourite he’d tried” – so being the kind of person thats easier led than your average cult member I gave them a go. They’re alright, probably the least offensive I’ve tried, but I get a slight honey taste from almost every 0% alcohol beer I’ve ever tried.

willard

I’m goign to agree with @Howsyourdad1… Most of the Swedish breweries will do a folköl version for mass selling in supermarkets. If you can find these, there will be some good, albeit light, beers.

If you like sour beers, look for Dugges or Tempel. For normal beers, just see what you can find and work through the list until you can find things you like. I may or may not be doing that; it’s a journey when you have a lot of good local small breweries.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Feeling crap after drinking beer is often nothing to do with alcohol – obviously within reason, but more likely to do with the chemicals and preservatives and all manner of artificial additives that they put into commercial mass produced beer and other alcoholic products.

That Punk AF stuff makes me feel rough as a dog.

Struggle to get past Becks Blue, must try to be more adventurous.

edhornby

That freedam (it’s Estrella ‘s AF beer) is ok but it does have the slightly sweet end taste, someone on here wiser than I said it’s to do with the sugars used to brew without alcohol generated. I prefer PunkAF or the other zero percents listed, the local indie (Brightside) does one that is really good and they do delivery.

What about Mild? you don’t see much of it at the moment (which means it will probably be the next big beer trend) but they are usually lighter ? if anyone knows of any good ones please shout

Spud

Good thread, scanned over it and didn’t see any mention of Padstow Brewing Co’s Shallow End, that’s a lovely drop. Not cheep but quality over quantity.
    Small Beer is nice too, but I found it a little gassy.

shinton
    Free Member

Any recommendations for low alcohol cider? I bought 3 different types today and just started on Waitrose 1% at £1.30 and it tastes pretty good. The others are thatchers 0% at £1.80 and Sainsbury’s medium dry low alcohol at £1.50 (all 500ml).

shinton
    Free Member

Update from above. The clear winner is the Waitrose own brand 1% which has a nice clean taste and is the driest of the 3 as well as the cheapest. The Sainsbury’s 1% had a chemical after taste and was a bit sweeter and the Thatchers 0% was just like pop.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

The clear winner is the Waitrose own brand 1% which has a nice clean taste

Yep, we liked that too.
    Gnomm

theotherjonv

I know it’s supposed to be low rather than no, but the Hoegaarden 0,0 I bought yesterday is very drinkable

kelvin

Yeah, it has that “honeyed” taste that someone mentioned, so isn’t the same as the alcohol version, but very drinkable on its own merits. More of a pudding bear than a sunny afternoon beer.

kelvin

Hold the front page… Padstow do one?!? I’m on that as soon as possible…

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I’ve only tried 0.5 beers so, favourite is shipyard low tide, ghost ship is good but not as good as shipyard, Erdinger, a bit sweeter and refreshing, doombar-Don’t go there, St. Peter’s without-like drinking malt extract.

benpinnick

I tend to only drink what the awesome Barry’s Bargains is stocking at the moment, so this week it’s Clausthaler, which I’m pleased to say is a nicely hoppy lager, almost IPA. Decent tipple and you could easily mistake it for alcoholic.

And at £4 for 24 in Barry’s it’s a bargain alright!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Low ( not non) alcohol beer’ is closed to new replies.