• This topic has 10 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by pondo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Low landing
  • dyna-ti

Holy Crow.

nickc

I suspect he/she may very well have done that on purpose.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

But but but….how can you land without being really low?

fasthaggis

I like the cool kids sitting on the barrier 👍🤣🙃

boardmanfs18

That’s Skiathos in Greece, runway threshold is right by the road, if you didn’t land there, you’d all be swimming (at the beach at the other end of the runway)

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Planes usually have to come in quite low to enable them to land.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My favourite airport. Id love the job of the guy who goes out before planes land and fires a shotgun to scare the pelicans off so they don’t fly up in front of the planes.

IdleJon

Surely there’s no difference in landing height or angle (what’s the technical term?) in these places – it’s just that there are people standing at the end of the runway?

Flaperon

I suspect he/she may very well have done that on purpose.

No, it’s just incompetence. All commercial aircraft (should) cross the threshold of a runway at pretty much exactly 50 feet. It’ll vary very slightly with weather and approach type and slope, but work on 50ft over the numbers and you won’t go far wrong.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

A love a low level flyby.
    There’s tons on YT but this is good, especially the Spit at the end, and this never gets old.

pondo

That looks like one tall vehicle with the driver on the phone away from a nasty mishap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.