Low blood pressure-sould I be worried ?.

Home Forum Bike Forum Low blood pressure-sould I be worried ?.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Low blood pressure-sould I be worried ?.
  • Premier Icon mick
    Subscriber

Presumably "one of the lads" at work isn't medically qualified?

Why not make an appointment with your GP if you're worried, that's what they are there for.

By the way my blood pressure has always been low, about the same as yours and I'm still alive and nearly 60!

fontmoss

see your GP but i wouldnt be worried -if anything he/she might say a glass of wine or 2 wouldnt hurt…

sweepy

prescription chips- woo hoo!
    That sounds like a good BP to me, if it goes so low you feint, worry.

bjj.andy.w

Had my blood pressure checked by the nurse at work yesterday and it was 108/48.She said that it's a good sign that i'm fit and healthy(r.h.r is 38 btw).But one of the lads at work said that low blood pressure can be just as bad.

bjj.andy.w

Thanks for putting my mind at rest,just didn't want to keel over at the top walna scar in the morning 😀

william

The GP will be next to useless, if pushed he may prescribe 2 self assembly ikea wardrobes.

Premier Icon mick
    Subscriber

The GP will be next to useless, if pushed he may prescribe 2 self assembly ikea wardrobes.

Yes but marginally better than an unqualified "lad at work"

meehaja

low bp can be as bad as high bp. i have low bp, and i fall over sometimes and have crap circulation to my feet following soem weird vascular disease. my RHR was about 50, now more like 60.

If you are falling over lots, blacking out, suffer neurological problems such as fitting, erratic mood changes (rage etc) blindness, dizziness, confusion and dribbling, then yes for you, low bp is a problem. given that you are on a (semi)cycling website, i'd guess you ride some kind of bike and are probably quite fit. given your low RHR, your probably have cardiac hypertrophy, where by your heart has effectivley become stronger, so needs to beat less to get the blood round as with each beat it pushes more. as a result BP relaxes because why keep the pressure up just cos you can? The circulatory system is an adaptable system that varies to meet demand. Unless you feel ill, you are probably not.

Just tell the guy at week that he's a fat waster and WILL die soon. if he looks fat (or appears helathy) tell him that its the fat on the inside that'll kill you not the fat on the outside and dead US soldiers in vietnam had an average age of 19 and all shown signs of developed ischemic heart disease. then look smug and wait for him to punch you or something.

You're fine, enjoy the sun. If yu want higher BP, eat chips, drink beer and have a smoke!

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

My unmedical understanding is low blood pressure + lazy fat knacker = bad; low blood pressure + fit person = fine. Always best to check with your GP if you are worried, though.

mrsflash

mine has always been low, I've never been told it's an issue unless it's so low you're blacking out etc as above.

timc

Dont waste your gp's time, the nurse said your fine…

maybe get something for your para though 🙄

fontmoss

BP is also about whats normal for you, my GP got me to measure 2 patients recently one had a systolic of 160 and another of 90-both were normal for them! crazee

mattp

i'm 110/50 and 40. i've allways had v low blood pressure which led to a stay in hospital in my teens to try and find the reason. nothing ever found and allways been fine apart from an inherited high colestorol level.

as above if you're fine in yourself then don't worry – my warning sign is standing up from sitting or lying and feeling dizzy. i just take a few deep breaths and i'm right as

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

I have low pressure and suffer from vesovagal syncope (a posh word for fainting) it comes and goes. mostly though it makes sod all difference to my life.

mrsdialled

I suffer from low blood pressure, that cause vascal vegal attacks (basically pass out) , over the years I have learnt what the signs are before my blood pressure drops too low and I pass out!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Low blood pressure-sould I be worried ?.’ is closed to new replies.