Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Low and slack tiny hardtail frames . . .
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

Get help.

ART

Ta, toys am trying to resist more bike tinkerage … mama’s problem 😉 how comes you’re selling it on now?

Stevelol
    Free Member

My Evil Sovereign is pretty slack with a 160 Lyrik 😀 BB isn’t too high either. I am looking at trading the 160 for a 140 of some kind though (as it’s designed around a 140), maybe a rev or sektor.

toys19
    Free Member

Art, much as I love the Bfe, it is a ruddy awesome bike, but I am totally addicted to my covert and the bfe has been comprehensively ignored. There is pressure from elsewhere for the components on it so the frame is going off to ebay..

xiphon
    Free Member

Orange Crush?

This is a 2007 17″, but the 15″ would be better for you?

vimto
    Free Member

ragley piglet is supposed to be slack and can handle forks upto 130mm, and looks like they do a 14″ frame size?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh, that Sovereign is nice 😛 . Keep ’em coming folks – if I ever do manage to swap the Uzzi for something a little more ‘sensible’ (but where’s the fun in that 🙄 ) you’ll be the first to know.

mama indecisive dirt 😈

slowrider
    Free Member

my dj bike is tiny, a mondraker quarter II. it comes singlespeed with a 80mm fork but also has a mech tab.

last time i looked freeflow bikes were selling them for @450ish for a complete bike. the kit on there would pretty much recoup that cost.

low bb, really tight back end too. probably not that slack though ive chased a few mates on dh bikes and its the slick tyres rather than the head angle that scared me. a 100-120mm fork would make it a beast!!

brassneck

My sis has a Kona Kula .. dunno if it’s slack enough or takes big enough forks but it’s TINY … she’s just starting out on MTBs but finds it very stable so I’m assuming it’s quite slack?

ART

Ah yeah, that’s the problem isn’t it toys, I’m riding my mega at the moment at the expense of all others …

mama, best not to be seduced by the lovely looks of the Evil – have checked out the geo for ickle people and they are way long and on the heavy side. All this long, slack, low stuff is fine and I’m quite partial myself based on the trajectory of my bike history – but the ‘long’ bit seems to forget smaller people who even with a diddy stem will have the ‘riding a gate I can’t manoeuver’ problem. Hence Ragleys and those rather lovely looking stantons also being out… tsk….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmmmm, yes the larger Evils look great but the smalls (although only measuring a very short 21.25 actual TT) don’t have the extended seat tube and brace so look pretty ordinary. Not bothered about ‘heavy’ but an extra £200 seems a lot to pay over the Faction for Reynolds main tubes and 140mm fork compatibility.

Brassneck, I’ve ridden many tiny Konas and yes, they’re spot on for little people. Always wanted a Kula but reckon I’d need to swap the Lyriks for something with less travel.

tazzymtb

mama

freeborn have a 14″ mythic morphine for in their sale it looks lush

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh Tazzy it does but my legs are crying at the thought of anything longer than half an hour on that. This time last year I bought one of these 😛 – built it up into an absolutely cracking little bike which went like a rocket and handled the local d/h track with ease . . . but the day after a few hours’ x/c at Cwmcarn I could hardly move 😆 . I reckon it’s gonna have to be steel for my old bones now.

mamadirt
    Free Member

. . . and the winner is . . . 8)

Big thanks to Mike@Dialled. It’s gonna be a good weekend 😛

mangoridebike

Ooh very nice, I’ve had a hankering for a Holeshot for a while now!

Enjoy the build process and post pics and a ride report when you’re done Mama 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Will do 😀

Time to start the curry off the put the beer to chill I reckon.

Rickos
    Free Member

Live build avec curry and beer ce soir? It is Friday, after all.

EDIT – too slow…

thebunk

That looks really really cool. How much does it weigh?

Do you want to sell it? 😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

OK then Rickos . . . bit peckish at the mo’ though so I reckon a nice cuppa is in order first . . .

Do you want to sell it?

Not quite yet 😉

Frame feels pretty light weight but I’d guess the final build should be in the region of 28-30lbs (some of the parts are pretty hefty and although the build is crying out for some nice lightweight air forks, I love my Lyriks to much).

jackthedog
    Free Member

GW – member
    remember the old DDG shooter? the one Identity also sold (for 3X the price)? those were stupidly slack (for the time), I had one for a v.short while (broke it, entirely my fault tho) I had to reduce my fork to 80mm to bring it in to a reasonable steepness for DJ.

Bloody hell, you managed to break one of them? How? I tried with mine for years, it’s still going strong. When the apocalypse comes, the only survivors will be cockroaches and those Frames of a Thousand Names.

nwill1
    Free Member

Was disappointed you didn’t go with the blender……but when I saw what you brought all is forgiven, you have great taste. if I had the funds (& more time) I’d love a holeshot. Please post another shot once its complete & let us know how she rides!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Will do. Build on hold at the mo’ until curry has been consumed but it does feel very very nice as it stands – not too high with the forks at 120mm (although I realise optimum fork length would be much less than this). Tomorrow’s gonna be good 😛

ART

Lookin’ good 😀 beans on toast and curry … 😉

nwill1
    Free Member

Pakas…like I said good taste! Haha

120 should be fine, my blender is ment to be run at 100, 120 max. I run 100 for bmx track, dj, and xc, run 120 for tail ridding and 140 for dh. Love it in all modes 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Mama, buy my Sub-zero, it’s perfect for what you want, 15″ seattube, too big for me really, but I reckon perfect for you? Looks good with Lyrics up front too 🙂

IMG_9321 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Drop me an email if you’re interested 🙂

EDIT: just realised you’ve already committed, ah well 😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks fun Psychle but ‘steelisreal’ 😉

All done now (apologies for the rubbish flash phone pic) – feels pretty nice on a quick ride down the drive in the dark – can’t wait for tomorrow . . . bring it on! 😀

souldrummer
    Free Member

Have to say that is one sweet looking bike.

kayak23

Lush….

mamadirt
    Free Member

There you go – pic ‘au naturale’ . . .

Just got back from a couple of hours in Wentwood forest and got the first crash out of the way . . .

note to self: you cannot ride a hardtail downhill at the same speeds as the Uzzi

. . . does bounce very nicely though 😉

Super-nippy on the climbs and in the twisty stuff and doesn’t feel slack (to me) at 120mm at all . . . DH at 140mm then wound them out a tad more for the steeper stuff. May need to ditch my much-loved plastic pedals for something a little more aggressive for the Winter though – that back end is rather, shall we say, lively, after being used to 7″ of squish. Love it – pretty damn perfect do-it-all bike for tiny folk 😛

lock
    Free Member

loving the look of that,i reckon ive been lusting to own /ride a slack big forked hardtail for a couple yrs now.think i just need to scratch that itch,

perfect for winter mini d/h tracks

souldrummer
    Free Member

Yep that looks so good it makes me want to go out tomorrow on my Dialled Alpine. Would quite like one of those ‘steel is real’ decals.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What on Earth has she gone and done now…..

Ooh, it does look very cute though dun’t it? Like a baby bike! 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

It is indeed very tiny – seat tube is a touch under 13″ – I have finally found the meaning of the word ‘chuckable’ that you bigger folks seem to use so much 8) . . . although earlier it seemed that the Holeshot was doing most of the chucking 😆

oscarvictor
    Free Member

Ok Mama – what Dialled model is your new frame and what size please? Doesn’t look like anything available on the Dialled site.

Love small bikes and your latest looks fantastic!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers! It’s a Holeshot. Only available in two different top tube lengths – mine is the shorter of the two at 21.4 (centre to centre). I’m just 5’2″ hence it’s the perfect frame for my do-it-all build.

oscarvictor
    Free Member

Thanks – enyoy it!

gator
    Free Member

Now, who wants to buy a lovely pair of well-ventilated jeans . . . one carefuly lady owner

Maybe not the right forum – 😀 or then again it could be

The DB – looks great -I always wanted a love/hate – but love the wanga it would be replacing !!!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

As ever, mamadirt, an(other) impeccably put together little bicycle. Props! 😉

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Ha! I was going to suggest a dialled holeshot, but thought it wouldn’t like the lyrics – looks great in white…

stevede
    Free Member

This one lasted a while! http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,255698.0.html 😀

The above combined with http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-new-commencal-saddle-and-316mm-alienation-pivotal-seatpost makes me take a wild guess that mamadirt has gone for a bouncy frame again in the form of a commencal absolut sx (post and saddle oe on these frames)?

Apologies but i’m bored and i love the weekly mamadirt build threads, they make my frame swapping habit seem quite reserved!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Low and slack tiny hardtail frames . . .’ is closed to new replies.