• This topic has 112 replies, 97 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • lovely day for a ride today, you didn't waste it did you?
  • rOcKeTdOg

i had a pedal around the upper and lower slopes of the NW Alps bedding in and fettling controls on the freak bike

afternoon delight by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

what did you do?

alexpalacefan

Bad back 🙁

Made cider 🙂

APF

sambob
    Free Member

I spent all day in bed with a moderate attack of manflu like symptoms, and I have work to do tomorrow. Boooo…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hambl90
    Free Member

Stuck in work all day aaarrrrgggghhhh

huws
    Free Member

Yep totally wasted, sofa and newspaper all day.
    It would appear that guzzling damson vodka into the wee small hours is not compatible with getting up early to go out on a bike.

crazy-legs

60 miles round the lovely Cheshire lanes on the SS road bike. Gorgeous day.

forge197
    Free Member

Yep late to sleep as working, up early and more work so cleaned the car for a few hours, planning to stroll up Snowdon on foot tomorrow to make up for it, and probably rebuild one of the bikes ready for next week. Nice pic rocketdog here’s one of my days work 🙂

Simon

I spent the day inside decorating whilst it was sunny.
    Going for a ride in the fog in the morning.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Went and did a few road laps round The Great Orme (where the WRC was on thurs) as the sun went down, was a bit sullied by a boy racer maniac coming up the wrong way (tis one way) as I was descending at 30mph, if there was no wind I’d be at 40mph and certain road paste. Scared the crap outta me, who says road riding is boring.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sick in bed no riding for me this weekend. Sodding germs.

cinnamon_girl

rOcKeTdOg – what’s the freak bike then?

Was lovely in the sun so I had a little walk around Salisbury Plain. 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rode around a muddy field for an hour 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

CG, a 69er

TheSwede
    Free Member

Been ill in bed for two days 👿

Naranjada
    Free Member

Beyootiful day in the Peak, I had a VERY muddy and joyous ride …I think I pedalled twice as far as I travelled.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Went out with the local road club for a blast. Swift would best describe the pace. 😯

anto164
    Free Member

Yerp.

Went for a slow 24mi ride on the road bike, was lovely out.

james
    Free Member

“here’s one of my days work”
    I think you cleaned the number plate too well

Kind of wasted it really. Though got an hour locally on a SS made up of parts too worn out for other bikes. I think I got the gear wrong as there was a lot of spinning out and saddle bouncing, but no grinding away out the saddle

tomaso
    Free Member

Not wasted but certainly not out mountain biking having fun. A pleasant family day followed by looking at my shot linkage/pivot bearings and sobbing gently.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I’ve spent the day lounging about, vaguely doing work and day dreaming about bikes! Stupid arm…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Solo jaunt on the cx bike. Offroad sections were muddy as hell and I had an over the bars dismount on a rocky descent. Lovely 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

ohh I did, but fear not, the plan is to use the work industrial x-ray machine and a dremel to insert the herbert screw and my two piece scaphoid will be as good as new!

saladdodger
    Free Member

on call out

Got called out to Exmouth but all was not lost I took the wife and mutt with me and we had an ace walk down the beach

racefaceec90

i only got up at 5.30 pm today (was playing skyrim for around 15 hours yesterday/this morning) am now doing the same thing again 😉 the game is fantastic 😀 what’s a bike 😳

cardo

Was inside but drooling over some great Classic Cars at the NEC… out for a muddy one tomorrow morning.

forge197
    Free Member

james – I better check that in the morning 🙂

debaser

A perfect afternoon ride in Monaughty forest, followed by steak, cake and wine.

words cannot adequately express the awesome.

yunki
    Free Member

In many ways yes, I did waste it..

popped into the LBS this morning for a whinge about SLX M665 chainring compatibility issues and to give the owner a chance to shame me over the years of baked on crud and cheap grease encasing my front mech..

then an afternoon and evening of generic ‘family stuff’ including the supermarket, in-laws and a few hours of wooden trainset bizzle…

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

25 mile pootle out to Tynemouth for coffee and back. First ride on new road bike. First ride since RTA that smashed last bike and me! Mainly stayed away from traffic. Nice n sunny. Panno choc with latte – all good. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I definitely didn’t waste the day.
    You are definitely not seeing pictures.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes. Knackered achilles so didn’t go orienteering this morning as planned. Didn’t even get out on my uni today (I reckon practising on that’s made the achilles worse). First low wind day for a while and I didn’t even manage to get out to fly any of my RC planes. Total waste of a day.

boblo
    Free Member

Had a lovely 50 miler on the road tandem avec Mrs BL and a nice 10 mile run this afternoon as the the sun went down.

I feel I’ve earned my carbs this evening 🙂

Northwind

Lovely day slithering about at innerleithen. Small amount of bus assistance. Noticable amount of leaving the head unit for my good light in the car. Large amount of whimpering on the last descent.

Incidentally, the course for next week’s enduro race is completely mint, you will not regret it if you live. Which you may not.

organic355
    Free Member

Twice round carron valley for me today.

bigdonx
    Free Member

A lap of Golspie in the morning, removed two drowned mice from a defrosted deepfreezer in the afternoon, made extremely awesome guacamole in the evening – what a day………..

atlaz
    Free Member

Errand running for me in prep for tomorrow’s departure for the continent so no riding. Did plot next Saturday’s ride though; 50 miles with some cat 4 and cat 3 climbs.

birky
    Free Member

Glen Bruar

mintimperial

Didn’t find time to ride my bike, but took the boy out on his balance bike for an hour, does that count?

Damn well going out tomorrow though.

Clover

Got up early to do shepherding then off-road to work… could not resist the tops and shaved 5 mins off my CX best for the London Road bit of the Mary Townley loop. That’s 5 mins more to rub mud off face before opening shop to the discerning ladies of Hebden Bridge 😀

davesmate
    Free Member

Brilliantly muddy day around Swinley in the sunshine.

anto164 – is that Parkgate?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘lovely day for a ride today, you didn't waste it did you?’ is closed to new replies.