Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Loved the Builth Wells Marathon today..
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

..sweeeeet singletrack, bastard big climbs, beautiful day. Lovely stuff. 😀

vdubber67
    Free Member

There were some fast lads there today for sure! 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Ideal weather venue and course some fast straight downhills that kept you on your toes on a hardtail!
    75km in 4 hours and some severe red tan/burn lines!

Rich

baccodaddy
    Free Member

great day spoilt by heckling about my gorgeous tan from certain riders in the notts area(yes i mean u vdubber ;))nice to see you again mate.

gothandy

75k in 4 hours, that’s good going Rich! Any ideas what Nick Craig did it in?

Was a beautiful day, I like the quarry and woods they added at the end compared to last year, made the last 10km fly by.

I’m glad I had a FS and the SB8 tyres worked a treat. Just a shame I was so unfit, but did have a great time, and a 2nd wind at about 50km. Also managed to use all my recently learnt Jedi skills on the off camber stuff as well as those fast and straight downhills.

I even took a wrong turn because I liked the look of one corner, thanks to the chap who stopped me going too far!

5thElefant
    Free Member

🙂

lipseal
    Free Member

Looks like a dogging convention! 😉 :mrgreen:

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I did it in 3.28 nick got a flat at around 25 miles in then came past me with 10 to go so he must have done it in around 3.20ish.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the event. To those that threw their sports bar and jell wrappers on the trail – thanks – not

grotto
    Free Member

the sunset over the finishing banner

start of the night race

the exposure night stand

vdubber67
    Free Member

baccodaddy – Member
    great day spoilt by heckling about my gorgeous tan from certain riders in the notts area(yes i mean u vdubber ;))nice to see you again mate.

Likewise mate, butI swear that’s creosote, not a tan!

5th elefant – great shot. That’s my orange van! 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Milkybar-Did you get a finishing position?I asked as i finished (they usually tell you if you ask) but they were pretty busy when i came through.I got 3.45 on my computer so would be a few places behind you.I hope i was 1st single speed!

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I was 11th or 12th i blew & went from 7th 2 11/12 in the last 3 miles.

midwales
    Free Member

Cambrian Bike Fest 28-30th May 2011, just 12 miles up the road. 3 days of riding in mid wales. visit http://www.redkiteevents.co.uk for more details and online entry.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Taaa.That last climb climb through the quarry owned a fair few people.I usually just get quicker the further I go…shame it was’nt 100k!!

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I think on the next one i will take the race bike i was on the winter one with a single 39 ring on some of them hills it was a bit hard to turn the pedals but was still good fun.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Loved the Builth Wells Marathon today..’ is closed to new replies.