Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lovecraft Country
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Anyone else watching? I’m two episodes in and starting to have doubts. Anyone got much further and happy with it?

weeksy

Way less than you. Don’t think I made episode 2.

richardkennerley

Think we got as far as five, t’other half has just this minute said she doesn’t want to watch any more!

Tracey

Watched 1 and 2 then deleted the rest

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks. I was getting that feeling.

DezB
    Free Member

First one was great. Quite unexpected.
    But it has got weirder and slightly less interesting as it’s gone along. Definitely weirder, which is what has kept me watching. I’m up to ep.8
    Can’t for the life of me tell you what’s going on though.

Unfortunately for LC, I’ve discovered a skate thing called King of the Road on Vice and it’s taken over from everything else (except rugby).

akira

Some of the later trippy episodes are alright but it’s soooo slow. Definitely dips a bit in the middle of the series but starting to improve a bit now, think I’m up to seven or eight.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Worth sticking with I’ve found. I’m up to ep7

Sounds quality is really poor. I’m having to have subtitles on sometimes as the voice track seems simultaneously distorted and quiet, watching late at night I can’t just whack the volume up.

DezB
    Free Member

Must say, having watched another ep, Mopsy & Bopsy are 2 of the best horror “villains” I’ve seen in a while!

hels
    Free Member

I love this show – bit well made high budget of sci-fi/horror – pewiod dwama – throw in some social class, gender and race commentary – what’s not to like?

Not many exploding helicopters or near nude teenagers right enough. I guess yous will have to wait for the Die Hard on Love Island series.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not many exploding helicopters or near nude teenagers right enough

Don’t project your fantasies on to us. I prefer my teenagers fully nude. (And over 18 obvs).

hols2
    Free Member

Some of the later trippy episodes are alright but it’s soooo slow.

This.

I watched up to Ep7, then figured I’d wait till the end and binge it. Just too slow.

prettygreenparrot

I like its pace and relative weirdness. And nice that things are a bit greyer and more complicated than is typical for TV. Surprised that the main characters haven’t become more unhinged with their experiences. Good as well that Atticus deviates from typical male protagonists in being less capable than necessary a lot of the time.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Darn you lot with your divergent views.
    I’ll risk a couple more then.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lovecraft Country’ is closed to new replies.