• This topic has 38 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ton.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • …Love the Yorkshire Moors, want to try a bit of Bikepacking?
  • gil_

This has just popped up and seems a ideal opportunity to explore “Gods own Country” with someone pointing out the best bits 😉

18th -19th August

jonathan
    Free Member

Nice. I’ve been meaning to plot a route like that for years, and now someone (you Gil?) has saved me the trouble 🙂

gil_

Can’t take the credit for this, I’m just a background boy with similar sentiments to the organiser 😉

tomd
    Free Member

Any idea what the route is? Looks interesting though, might even go past the house so ideal for me!

ton

I have a old os map somewhere at home.
    a summer 100 mile polaris special. took me over 16 hours to complete.
    2 days would be nice.
    could be the same route.

gil_

It will be sent out once the entries have gone live, I can assure you it will cover the best of the Yorkshire Moors

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks good, and (yet) another reason to head home..

gil_

I have a old os map somewhere at home.
    a summer 100 mile polaris special. took me over 16 hours to complete.
    2 days would be nice.
    could be the same route

You do have 2 days, there will be a “central” night stop but that’s about the only time constraints, it’s not a race

gil_

Kicking this back to the top, if you love the Yorkshire Moors and a nice little village pub en-route, don’t miss this

https://moorsonehundred.com

Andy

Sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend. I have entered….I think, but the entry process seems a bit confusing!

earl_brutus

Im in! do we need to carry all our gear for the full route??

benpinnick

Looks good – I am tempted. Long time since I last bike-packed (the 90s).

spicypedro
    Free Member

This is relevant to my interests.

karlp
    Free Member

The entry list is being updated.

My name on there and it wasn’t yesterday.

antares
    Free Member

I entered yesterday but still not showing on the list. Couple of people I know entered a few hours after me and they are on the list. Anyone know of a contact email for the organisers?

Andy

Found an email in my spam this morning saying there had been an issue. Antares will pm you the contact email i have

antares
    Free Member

Cheers Andy

gil_

Over half full now, get in while you can 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂

See you all there!

trout
    Free Member

Great  Joe  be good to see you again

postierich
    Free Member

Registered a few days ago not on the list 🙁

Reserve list if full I know what the percentage of no shows will be 🙂

gil_

I’ll have a word with the relevant people Rich 😉

earl_brutus

despite signing up I didn’t get on the list 🙁

gil_

the event is limited to 100 riders, it was done on a first come first serve basis and I tried to give interested parties as much notice as possible

I’m sorry if you were disappointed, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, we are now full

flyingmonkeycorps

Well I’m on the list near the end but it says there’s 109 on there, which is a bit confusing. I guess that means I’m not on? (Good luck anyway, looks like an ace event).

gil_

As everybody knows, there will be “no shows” or random excuses nearer the time, this usually amounts to at least 10%, even more so when there is no immediate payment take, purely the minimal camping charge on the day

As I understand it the names on the list will be invited, anyone beyond the 109 will be on a reserve list and will be informed nearer the time if a space becomes available

Please don’t quote me on the above, this is purely my understanding

postierich
    Free Member

Woohoo I,m in 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

@ Trout- Chris! Yes, it has been too long!

flyingmonkeycorps

Well in that case it looks like I’m in = awesome!

northernatheart
    Free Member

Hiya, two weeks to go and the route is up.

It looks its going to be an awesome weekend.  Really looking forward to getting out on the moors.  Hopefully it won’t be as hot as last few weeks.

Any suggestions on the bike of choice, HT, Full Bounce or as the theme is bike packing, should it be a gravel bike?

It seems a real mix of terrain

postierich
    Free Member

Unable to make this 🙁 how do you inform the organisers

northernatheart
    Free Member

I have used the contact us tab on the website before, and they a pretty good at responding.

sijackson
    Free Member

Re.Bike choice. I don’t think a gravel bike would be a good choice. It’s a real mixed bag but there is very little tarmac or fast gravel so there’s no advantage tbh. Even the wider tracks would be better with a wider tyre. Fully rigid would be good with a plus size or large 2.3 or 2.4 tyre. Short travel 29er hardtail would be ideal. Moors are bone dry at the moment so something fast rolling would be good, but the rocks in the heather can destroy a tyre, so don’t go too light on casing.

Oh and take plenty of liquids. It’s around 90 minutes between refill spots.

And finally, if Gil is involved, take plenty of paracetamol and a spare liver.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Great idea – shame I’m busy.

northernatheart
    Free Member

Thanks Si, really appreciate the info.  There will be a group of us on a mixed bag of bikes so we find out who fairs the best.

Looking forward to beers at the midway camp.

gil_

And finally, if Gil is involved, take plenty of paracetamol and a spare liver.

How dare you, putting disputation on my reputation…

Can’t wait 🙂

sijackson
    Free Member

Your reputation is more than justified Sir. I spent most of day one wondering if a cat had shit inside my head the night before. I cursed you all morning. 😀

gil_

Thanks for pulling an excellent weekend together Si,

Shame a few more that signed up couldn’t enjoy the amazing countryside, a chance to make new friends and enjoy the hospitality of High Paradise Farm and there lovely IPA

ton

Si, and Gil,

just **** ace fella’s.

top weekend, top digs, top ale.         ;o)

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘…Love the Yorkshire Moors, want to try a bit of Bikepacking?’ is closed to new replies.