• This topic has 29 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Love Death and Robots Season 2
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I loved season one so much.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Oh looks good! Yes also enjoyed the first series!

Cougar

I was really enjoying season one until Netflix glitched and lost all of my ‘already watched’ data. Turns out, there isn’t a set running order for this show – ie, there’s no “episode 1, episode 2…” just episodes and so the order you get them presented in is random. It was so much of a PITA trying to extract what I’d watched from what I hadn’t that I gave up.

S2 it is, then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeyboyjc

Love the first series, looking forward to the new one…

yetidave
    Free Member

first series was great, looking forward to seeing what the second will bring.

mmannerr

Excellent even if there wasn’t any info on the source material.
    Youtube channel ”DUST” has hundreds of short films in same vein as LDR, they do lack budget but some stories are quite fresh and unique.

funkmasterp

Great heads up OP. The first series was great.

andylc
    Free Member

Damn now I have to wait 3 weeks!

Drac

That looks even better than the first.

dyna-ti

Any idea if the 1st season is available on dvd ?, dont have netflicks but this looks very much worth watching.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Any idea if the 1st season is available on dvd ?

DVD? Are you my late father? Other than a blockbuster it is unlikely and usually cheaper to buy the download.

flyingpotatoes

Brilliant news. Really enjoyed the first season.

Thought it was only me that like weirdo stuff.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Thought it was only me that like weirdo stuff.

Nope,

It’s really in the best traditions of sci-fi short stories, well crafted and each story unique and if you don’t like one you are sure to like the others

jeffl

Really enjoyed the first season, particularly the different range of animation and story styles.

Was good Friday evening beer related TV.

timbog160

Off the back of this thread im a couple of episodes into season 1 and really enjoying it – cheers all.

Talking of Blockbuster did you know that Netflix approached Blockbuster for an investment in their early days? The Blockbuster execs declined – ‘nah, it’ll never catch on’ 😄

Cougar

I thought that was how LoveFilm died?

jeffl

So talking of Friday evening beer TV. Currently watching Season 2 of Love, Death & Robots now.

jeffl

Episode 4 animation is very realistic. Good plot too.

mrchrispy

Awesome, this will be getting nailed tonight.

doomanic

Love the first series, looking forward to the new one…

Me too, sadly it’s not a patch on season 1.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The recommendation for YouTube “dust” channel much appreciated. Some surprising actors in them as well.

brads
    Free Member

Watched them all and there were some crackers. As good as series 1 ? maybe not, but brilliant all the same.

That dust channel is awful lol.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on this, I’ve always been a sci-fi fan and like the short story formats. So this is right up my street.

muddy@rseguy

Well, TBH I was a little disappointed that there were fewer films : 8 in season 2 compared to 18 in season 1 but some very good episodes nonetheless. I thought :The Tall Grass” and the “The Drowned Giant” (from a JG Ballard short story) were standouts, “Life Hutch” was really good too.

Went back to watch “Lucky 13:” and “The Secret War” from season 1…still awesome.

If you like short Sci fi movies I would heartily recommend searching out Neil Blomkamp’s Oats Studios Vol1, especially “Rakka”

v7fmp

are we all enjoying season 3 so far?

i think its utterly brilliant. The second episode with the crab was particularly disturbing/scary/amazing.

flyingpotatoes

Loved season 3.
    Seems to be a lot darker, disturbing and gory in equal measure.
    Excellent stuff.

Cougar

i think its utterly brilliant. The second episode

Unless they’ve changed the format since, there isn’t a “second episode,” the order is randomised. (As I discovered when Netflix lost all my ‘already watched’ data halfway through a season and was very confused.)

chvck
    Free Member

Watched all of season 3 (so far?) on Sunday. Enjoyed it all bar 1 episode, can’t remember which though…

thepodge
    Free Member

Just finished watching them and of season 3 my faves were the tilt shift zombies and knights on horses. I like them all but those two stood out.

v7fmp

@cougar – well i never!

i think i am going to revisit the first two seasons again. there is just something about it all i really enjoy!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.