Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Love, death and robots on Netflix.
  • Gunz
    Free Member

Just started watching this on Netflix and if you’re in the mood for excellently animated, short (about 15 minutes each) tales with a twist from the future it’s well worth a look. Some of the animation is so good I’d be a bit worried if I was training as an actor this day and age.

seadog101

Not watched it yet. Downloaded for a long plane journey later this week.

Having the first episode Sonnie’s Edge hooked me. An excellent short story by Peter F Hamilton, perfect for a full length movie.

BearBack
    Free Member

Cartoon wobbly bits in every episode it seems…

funkmasterp

It’s pretty good isn’t it. I enjoyed the robo-tourist, cryo-pod and suits episodes although the majority were well worth a watch.

nickc

Some of them did feel a bit like cutscenes from abandoned games hastily edited together.

monkeyboyjc

Finished watching these last night, some are excellent, some not so much but still worth 10mins viewing time.

Loved _ sunnies edge, three robots. Sucker of souls. But beyond the aquilla rift was my favourite.

hatter

Working my way through them, Sonnie’s edge was indeed amazing.

There is indeed a very high instance of wobbly bits, which is occasionally a bit unnecessary and toe curling but the creativity is undeniable.

PrinceJohn

It feels that they’ve gone, OK adult themes… yes boobs!

monkeyboyjc

I think the boobs are there because the creators are generaly 20 something and male… Little in the way of adding to the story, although I thought it added to the twist in beyond the aquilla rift.

mrchrispy

I started piling through them and they are pretty addictive.
    reminds me of a magazine i used to sometime check out called (I think) heavy metal.

if you are going to watch these on a plane be aware of who can see….could lead to an embarrassing conversation with the flight staff if someone takes offence 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Ice Age episode is animated?

It looked like very very good computer rendering to me, but some reviews seem to state it’s live action. Have they got it wrong?
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/19/love-death-robots-review-prestige-tv-with-added-sexbots
    “Love Death & Robots even relaxes its strict animated criteria for Ice Age, allowing film stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Topher Grace to react to a dazzling miniature civilisation in their vintage fridge”

Strange we are now in the situation where it’s difficult to tell the difference.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Check out the DUST channel on you tube for lost of SFshorts both live action and animated. Variable quality of storylines but usually immense quality of production.

nastybobby
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, some great animation, wonder how long before actors become redundant? Although I don’t think they’re quite there yet, quite a few gave me that uncanny valley feeling. I thought ‘The Fridge’  was heavily influenced by that Simpsons episode involving Lisa’s science project though.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Just found out about this series yesterday, Zima Blue and Beyond the Aquila rift are by Alastair Reynolds, and are pretty true to his work, except for the weird CGI boobs.

Just need some Ian M Banks ones now 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Love, death and robots on Netflix.’ is closed to new replies.