Louri vs Blackcounty Research

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Louri vs Blackcounty Research
  • jayx2a

Is there any difference between these brands?

The Louri and Muthorlord look very similiar if not identical.

The saddle straps looks nearly the same – although the Black County one has an extra bit of security velcro.

I have a Louri limited edition that I got from someone on here – one of the cross over straps frayed quite quickly and after contacting Louri they are sending a replacement.

Just wondering if there is actually any difference build/quality wise of these straps?

Onzadog

Louri are made in the UK and sold through a UK company if that sort of thing matters to you. As you’ve found out, the Louri warranty/customer service does what you need it to.

darkstar

Hi Justin,

Once again apologies that you had an issue with your strap. All of our straps are hand stitched in the UK therefore very occasionally we do find that the odd strap has a slight glitch – we cannot avoid human error. Even though you were not the original purchaser we were more than happy to send a replacement strap to you without any questions asked. Your strap was sent yesterday so should be with you today. If you have any further problems please do not hesitate to contact us again via email.

Best Wishes,
    Sian @ Louri Bike

Can’t fault that level of customer service. I have used a Louri strap for the last 6 months. It holds a tube, CO2 inflator & spare cannister, tyre levers and a tubeless repair tool. I was a bit dubious as to how secure it would be, but even after all day epics or uplift days at BPW, it never budges a millimeter. Excellent bit of kit.

kirkg

Just make sure you remove and clean your Louri strap regularly. I just left mine on my frame for a while and it managed to damage the paint all the way into the carbon.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

Oh, that was mine. Sorry it was a lemon, had I known I’d obviously not have sold it… Glad you’re sorted, though—top service.

kirkg

Just make sure you remove and clean your Louri strap regularly. I just left mine on my frame for a while and it managed to damage the paint all the way into the carbon.

Yeah, every time I give the bike a proper clean, which in the summer is about every 3 or 4 rides, I handwash the strap, or even just give it a good blast with the hose. I also have hele tape on the frame where it lives, so no issues with paint scratching.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.