Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Lotus Elise
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

nixie – If you don’t spend the money now the recession will get worse and it will all be your fault!

Ignore the little voice

dab

Nixie
    my mate is selling a mint exige

orange with black alloys / diffusers etc etc

just have a peek at http://www.manifoldonline.co.uk and e mail Scott

ps he made the t shirts that richard hammond has been sporting of late

dickie
    Free Member
    dickie
    Free Member

Thisnull

a new bike, and have some money in the bank!

nixie

dab, thanks but the exige is a bit more car than I want for the minute, some nice tees on that site though.

WCA, I did and made an offer, should find out tommorrow. Then have the fun of sorting the loan and insurance out!

sturmey
    Free Member

Buy one put a private plate on it and advertise at wedding fares to get the groom to the wedding on time! It will may be ofset some of the cost

downanddirty
    Free Member

dab – Member
    Nixie
    my mate is selling a mint exige

orange with black alloys / diffusers etc etc

just have a peek at http://www.manifoldonline.co.uk and e mail Scott

ps he made the t shirts that richard hammond has been sporting of late

Thanks for the plug Dave.
    Exige is a perfectly capable car for lugging the bikes about!

😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sorry, but the exige with the bike rack on it looks ridiculous!

waihiboy
    Free Member

just enter the 5th Gear comp and win one!

hora
    Free Member

Love the Elise. Bolloxs that you’ll tire of the road/noise. Like everything the plus’s will outweigh the minus’s.

If it is your only car- save a grand and buy a snotter for daily (10m radius duties).

I’ve owned two MX5’s – yes the back reflectors of approaching headlamps are eye level and you do get the odd cock on a TataRangeRover coming behind you on motorways thinking you must be a diddy-sized adult. Who cares though? They rip. Goes back to do you drive to arrive (A-B) or do you drive because you love the experience as well along the way?

Anonymous
    Free Member

the most fun car i ever owned was a smart roadster. smart pulled the plug on them and project kimber, who bought the tooling, seem to have gone down the tubes too. life sucks.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Just get a 211, far more practical, loads of head room!

hora
    Free Member

IF I came into money I’d buy a Caterham in a flash.

Imagine the tail slide fun in one of those? Like a Pendulum

MTT
    Free Member

hora said: If it is your only car- save a grand and buy a snotter for daily (10m radius duties).

Thats the idea. P reg mazda 323 – Exige S,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

MG midget, lap of a greasy insustrial estate, most fun you can have with trousers on!

cheep to insure, and fairly reliable as well. Things tend to wear out on classic cars rather than blow up.

ski
    Free Member

I would love to earn enough to be able to buy a Elise.

thisisnotaspoon

I used to own a Austin Sprite, think I spent more time fixing it than driving it, but your right about greasy industrial estate, fond memories.

dss1234
    Free Member

Nixie,

I drive a Series 1 111s and it still brings a stupid smile to my face every time I get in it. Hell, it even makes me smile just seeing it on the roadside.

If you’ve got the “Elise thing” in your blood, none of the negative issues matter. Noise, harshness etc etc, all just adds to the experience.

Mine has given me 4 years of completely trouble free, reliable motoring.

Don’t believe the hype – well looked after examples are very reliable and if you treat it with care when cold, HGF is simply not an issue to worry about.

The only down side is you cant carry your bike. The only proper bike rack I’ve seen needs modification to the rear clam!

If you want any buying advice, feel free to get in touch.

Dunc

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

what about

dss1234
    Free Member

Elan? Not a real Lotus – wrong wheels driven.

OK, a bit harsh, admittidly, one of the best front wheel drive cars ever.

But no Elise…….

Dunc

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Lotus Elise’ is closed to new replies.