Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lotts Wood
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about the XC at Lotts Wood.

summitmtb used to have some involvement with the xc races held over the summer there for the last few seasons (after the course by the ski slope was closed?)

is there anything on there this year?

Murray

Don’t know about that but I live just down the road. The wood was “thinned” in the autumn and is a bit of a mess. Lots of the trails suffered from heavy logging equipment driving across them.

I hope it gets re-instated and would be happy to help. In the meantime there’s always Aston Hill.

soobalias
    Free Member

it got trashed logging a couple of years ago, but sprang back amazingly quickly.

summitmtb’s site seems to say they no longer ‘have’ lotts wood
    funnily enough the recent visits to AH i have seen more folk on the XC loop.

iridebikes
    Free Member

Has anyone been up there recently? What kind of conditiion is it in?

Murray

It’s in great condition – just needs more riders. Summit MTB have cleared the trails again and it’s recovered really well. Bluebells are just finishing…

br
    Free Member

If they re-instate the races, go.

Most frantic racing I’ve ever done, fast/tight and manic.

Brill fun.

Alex

I took photo’s at the first ever lotts wood race many years ago (was involved with the club before Summit that did some trail building in there). Simon North is your man, or he was – heavily involved with Summit and the racing scene at Lotts.

Here’s simon back in the day:

Lotts Wood XC racing by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Bit of racing

Lotts Wood XC racing by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

You can tell how long ago that was, not a 29er in sight!

timidwheeler

I heard it was members only. Is it open to everyone?

gingeradam
    Free Member

I went there from the first time a few weeks ago and it was overgrown in a lot of places.

However I went back yesterday (18/08/2013) and the tracks have been cut back. Much more of the track is accessible.

ononeorange

I live two miles away and am ashamed to say I haven’t been up for a while. Was chatting to Summit recently though and they asked for people to ride it to keep the undergrowth down.

A fun course and one I personally find very tough.

oldgit
    Free Member

Any further news for 2014?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lotts Wood’ is closed to new replies.