Lotts Wood near Amersham – XC race tomorrow (Wednesday) night

Home Forum Bike Forum Lotts Wood near Amersham – XC race tomorrow (Wednesday) night

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Lotts Wood near Amersham – XC race tomorrow (Wednesday) night
  • Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Tempting, although not sure I can make it in time.

tinsy

Exactly my thoughts on the course, and the competition is feirce(freindly though), some real fast blokes there too..

I hope to make 1 round this year as its flippin miles from me.

oldgit

See my 'The Racing Post' every Friday.

What do you mean by intense, fast or techy or both? And I think rain is forecast.

b r

Narrow, winding, flinty, up/down, nowhere to 'rest', tree-lined – and last year some serious competitive blokes (but not in an aggressive way).

Rain shouldn't affect it as its a hardish surface, also mostly under tree cover which is why you'll need lights for the last 20 minutes or so.

oldgit

I was wondering about lights, good job my Seca Races just turned up.

Don'y like the flint bit?

lyons

They are goodraces! I won the sort catagoey in the one race I entered last time, and on a borrowed bike that weighed a ton!

tinsy

br has it… remember the knowhere to rest bit, then double that.

b r

We went last night for a reccy, and were knackered after 3 laps – it must be one of the most intense 2.5 miles (per lap) around.

Did some of them last year, recommended event if you are around the area.

http://www.summitmtb.co.uk/racing.asp

b r

An idea of the route…

2-3 laps plus a bit of riding around due to not switching off the 'trace'

oldgit

Forgot to see how dark it gets during the race, we going to need lights?

b r

Yes, for the last 15 mins – its dark under the trees.

oldgit

I enjoyed that and nice to meet yo br.
    Although we were giving it our best, all the time I kept thinking how the hell would I cope with this if it was slippery?

b r

Me too, and now I know why you are called 'oldgit', because that is what I uttered as you sped past me!

oldgit

What's gutting is I got caught at the finish line by the winner, the leading pair caught me on the climb to the tape. I was about three seconds from another lap.

toomanybikes

I watched those two come across the line, they sprinted up that last hill quicker than i go down them

oldgit

So to confirm if I got across the line before them I could have done another lap?

toomanybikes

yep, unfortunately the winner got you by a bikes length

oldgit

Thanks I was unclear on that. Where you organising or marshaling.

toomanybikes

racing, but me lungs gave out, too fat and unfit

oldgit

Are you me 😆

oldgit

Is it the same course for the series?

oldgit

It's not on tomorrow BTW! the post is a week old, but it is on next Wednesday.
    Just in case you were wondering 😐

Murray

Went round once and I was knackered. Amazing how much has been fitted into a relatively small place. And very nice when you've got the place to yourself and really should be working. I must get down to watch the racing next Wendsday.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Lotts Wood near Amersham – XC race tomorrow (Wednesday) night’ is closed to new replies.