Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Lottery cars at airports – how do they get them there?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Just sitting opposite one. Seems innocuous enough. Plenty of paunched men stopping to look. Then… How on earth do they get it in here? Drive it in? Dropped by crane? How?

It’s not like airport lounges are exactly the most accessible of places.

jam-bo

conveyor belt.

jimdubleyou

Oversize luggage. Innit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Drive it in

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

She does it.

STATO
    Free Member

Just sitting opposite one. Seems innocuous enough. Plenty of paunched men stopping to look. Then… How on earth do they get it in here? Drive it in? Dropped by crane? How?

How do you think they brought in the seat your sat on? Or the flooring under your feet? Or the buggies driving past you etc.

richmars

You know that Johnny Cash song? One part at a time.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

How do you think they brought in the seat your sat on? Or the flooring under your feet? Or the buggies driving past you etc.

The seat I’m sitting on is made of marshmallows, so that’s easy to figure out. They clearly brought a load of pigs in here, grew them for a few years and boiled up their bones. While they were doing that they grew some marshmallow plants for flavour and harvested the sugar cane they has also been growing. Job done.

As for the tiles and other infrastructure, it’s pretty easy to see that it was all brought in when they built the place. Maybe the car was too..? Maybe its been here like, literally, forever.. Maybe they will have to deconstruct the airport when someone wins the thing.

All I see here is shops, elevators and glass. Literally no roadway big enough for a car. It must’ve got in somehow, but how godamnit! Someone must’ve got to drive it through the airport lounge – but who? When? Won’t someone please think of the children? Were they tempted to do burnouts or handbrake turns.. Hmmmmm.. questions… questions..! :-}

trail_rat
    Free Member

And has anyone ever met someone who has won oneof them cars ?

13thfloormonk

Ha, I do loads of work at an Airport, never occurred to ask but I will now! Wonder if it’s just a bolted together shell…

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ Well from the look of the Ford GT I saw (jesus, more than a few years ago now!) it’s a shell covering a random pile of degreased obselete machine parts. Either that or I really was looking at the block…

As for how it got in there…

Airport cleaners are paid well…

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

😕 They open the big doors and drive in.
    Same way they get the lifts in to clean the glass roof and the huge trolleys full of stock.

Once you get all they people and pop up shops out of the way, am airport terminal building is pretty much just a massive warehouse.

simon_g

The main company that does it has a page explaining how they do it.

Surprisingly difficult by the looks of it, taking almost all of the downtime between last flight one day and first flight the next.

marcus7
    Free Member

Simple, they have a jig that can put the car on its side and then it will fit through a double door/ corridor. But I’m guessing you knew that really.
    Edit, too slow…

kayak23

Stunt driver drives them through the normal doors innit.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The main company that does it has a page explaining how they do it.

What did we do before the internet? You couldn’t look this stuff up in a library!

Anyway, here’s how they do it….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRxxDjSVEM[/video]

…or maybe not 😀

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I think that page is very much worst case. I’ve seen them roll them into two airports.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I got a car into a mall.

Drove it in to the entrance.

Turned off the fuel pump, fuel gauge fuse and battery as security wanted to make sure there was no fuel on board.

A few of us guys pushed it in using the security entrance.

hels
    Free Member

I admire your faith in airport security. Are you religious by any chance ?

allthepies
    Free Member

They are holograms.

Northwind

What I want to know is, how do they get the planes in? There’s all buildings and fences and that around airports.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Thanks STW hive mind! Answer sorted.. 😀

Best of the Best is such a moronic brand name that I fancy starting a rival company called Best of the Best of the Best. Cos that’s gotta be better, init..

squirrelking
    Free Member

What I want to know is, how do they get the planes in?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Buys domain names and copyright for MOAR BETTERER THAN Best of the Best of the Best.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am just amazed how much money there seems to be in car lotteries.

finbar
    Free Member

Well, from this thread I’ve learned what BOTB stands for. I was puzzling over what on earth that could have to do with cars last week (but not enough to stroll over and actually find out).

bruneep

Maybe benz bought £1250 worth of tickets and is hopeful of a “win”

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

What I’d like to know is how they persuade anyone to buy a ticket…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They offer you the chance to win a car in return.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

ahhh… I must have misssed that… 🙄 😉

give us £30 or whatever it is these days, and we will give you, at enormous profit and very poor odds, a very small chance of winning something which will cost you even more money…

footflaps

Yep, never even been remotely tempted by them.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Lottery cars at airports – how do they get them there?’ is closed to new replies.