• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lost walker drives home….
  • theboatman
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54737813

If you haven’t had your wee boiled yet today, this might help. Simply staggering.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Opening this thread has definitley boiled my wee a tiny bit.

Missing link?

theboatman
    Free Member

I know Tom, I’m boiling my own!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54737813

fin25
    Free Member

There’s a really good women drivers joke in there somewhere but I’m neither sexist enough or smart enough to avoid being sexist to make one up.

ayjaydoubleyou

Name and shame is the only suitable response.

Also question quite how lost someone can get in daylight, in the Peak District, and with a functioning phone (while being fit and uninjured).

franksinatra

I see your walker driving home and raise you a missing person joining in the search for herself

Finding Yourself

munrobiker
    Free Member

Also question quite how lost someone can get in daylight, in the Peak District, and with a functioning phone

The weather doesn’t look ideal and people do get lost in Black Hill regularly, the path gets vague and it’s just a mess of big peat bogs in gulleys and ravines that can be very disorientating. People have died up there in the past getting lost and ending up in the peat.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Follow the stream inland away from Kinder Downfall and you’ll soon potentially find yourself lost in the gullies and even when ontop in the middle of the featureless Kinder Plateau.

dissonance

Follow the stream inland away from Kinder Downfall and you’ll soon potentially find yourself lost in the gullies and even when ontop in the middle of the featureless Kinder Plateau

Yeah even in good weather it gets interesting deeper in. In bad weather you better have good nav skills.

redmex
    Free Member

Very ignorant but at least she lives to walk another day, such a shame this week experienced fell runner lost on the Glen Lyon Munro’s was found dead. Quite easy to get disorientated up top

footflaps

such a shame this week experienced fell runner lost on the Glen Lyon Munro’s was found dead.

Any info yet, heart attack/fall etc?

chakaping
    Free Member

They should blindfold her and drop her back out there again.

DezB
    Free Member

Very ignorant but at least she lives to walk another day

That’s what I thought the rescuers view would be – better a live idiot than a dead one.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lost walker drives home….

Lost walker should receive an invoice through the post.

ayjaydoubleyou

That’s what I thought the rescuers view would be – better a live idiot than a dead one.

Better to call when youre lost in the afternoon than when youre hypothermic, exhausted and its dark

damascus
    Free Member

To be fair. It’s possible that her phone died and she couldn’t phone the police. It’s possible that she drove home but there are no phone boxes anymore. On her journey home she didn’t see any mountain rescue or police.

Its possible that when she got home and plugged her phone in that the police phoned her before she could phone the police. It’s possible.

Its possible that she thought this was the best thing to do.

Its also possible that she completely forgot.

If it was you, and your phone wasn’t working, how would you notify mountain rescue and the police?

Personally, I would have flagged someone down and asked to use their phone but not sure a woman in the middle of nowhere would want to stop a random car.

I’ll refrain boiling my piss just yet until I hear both sides.

nealglover
    Free Member

To be fair. It’s possible that her phone died and she couldn’t phone the police.

seems likely, otherwise they would have just called her and asked where she was.

MSP

She could have just been disoriented by her experience.

I crashed my mountain bike once, rode back to my car put the car in the boot and had driven half way home on auto pilot before realising I wasn’t sure if I actually lived there any more. Pulled into a layby to get my head together, and ended up ringing my dad to pick me up because I realised I probably shouldn’t be driving.

mogrim

It’s also a bit Orwellian that they so quickly managed to work out she was fine using her phone number and ANPR cameras.

pondo

Lost walker should receive an invoice through the post.

A big one.

pandhandj
    Free Member

The mountain rescue team leader is a very patient guy! Kudos to him.

Klunk
    Free Member

she should have thrown her self off some cliff top doing some mindless bunny hop trick for “cool” “sick” utube likes/bike ad.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Lost walker drives home….’ is closed to new replies.