Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • 'LOST' – The end, thank god for that!
  • AlasdairMc

The island was perhaps purgatory, they're all dead, and it takes a Christian Shepherd to guide the protagonist to heaven.

The island didn't exist, it was there to bring together dead souls at the point of death. However, I didn't understand how some people were meant to have left the island but were still going to heaven at the end, and some people who weren't on the plane still were in the church.

So, in summary – watch Ashes to Ashes and change 1980s London for a desert island.

retro83
    Free Member

The island didn't exist, it was there to bring together dead souls at the point of death. However, I didn't understand how some people were meant to have left the island but were still going to heaven at the end, and some people who weren't on the plane still were in the church.

I think the flash sideways timeline was supposed to be some form of purgatory.

The church with different religions in made me angry. All the science, time travel and so on, then they drop that piece of shit in there.

BoardinBob

The island was perhaps purgatory, they're all dead, and it takes a Christian Shepherd to guide the protagonist to heaven.

Wrong

http://forum.lostpedia.com/someone-bad-robots-take-finale-t59261.html

matthewjb
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    summary please
    POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

crash bear raft others flashback hatch submarine cage sex flashforward baby smoke statue pirates Jacob light wooooooo

Any questions?

yoshimi

Noe, the island was real, it was the sideways flashes in this last season that was purgatory – I realy enjoyed it, just wish that I knew more about the island origins, or maybe I don't

jimster
    Free Member

We've got into this late and are halfway through the second series – beginning to lose the will to carry on now.

AndyRT
    Free Member

as has the rest of humanity that originally got excited about this utter load of carp.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

everything that happened on the ISLAND happened

the ATL (alternative timeline) didnt exist as we know it, there was no time frame.

when they died at certain points they all ended up there, only when jack died they made their way to the church and connected. that was the bit many people couldnt get their head around, it was quite clever. the last scene with jack walking through the jungle then dying was epic

still think it was a bit of a cop out though, mind you that was the only way they could keep the majority happy i guess.

as has the rest of humanity that originally got excited about this utter load of carp.

each to their own, IMO one of the best shows on TV in years as it wasn't spoon fed to you like other crap, you had to think for yourself and it caused much discussion, it was original.

Tim
    Free Member

Watched 2 or 3 episodes, then realised they were gonna drag it out for 6 series, and swiftly got bored…didnt seem like it had a plan.

Then again, LoM/A2A got like that in the second series of A2A, but i still watched all of it, and enjoyed it immensely 🙂

yoshimi

the ATL (alternative timeline) didnt exist as we know it, there was no time frame.

when they died at certain points they all ended up there, only when jack died they made their way to the church and connected. that was the bit many people couldnt get their head around, it was quite clever. the last scene with jack walking through the jungle then dying was epic

So Jack died right at the end when alt-locke stabbed him, others died before him e.g. Boon, Libby etc and others died after him e.g. Ben, Hurly etc. but they were all there together at the church – so even though the sideways flashes ran parallel (in time) to the real world on the island and they only begun after the nuke was set off at the end of S5 there is actually no timeframe to place them in. Is this right?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

(thank god for Sky+)

Ahem… Are you saying the wrinkled aussie is actually incarnate? 😯

…church? …heaven?

I'm rather glad I didn't bother after it went to Sky. I'd have an annoyingly bad mood by now…

headfirst
    Free Member

I thought they were all dead from episode one series one?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sounds a bit lame, as well as annoyingly stupid.

"How the **** are we going to end this?"

"Howsabout it was all someone's dream – worked for "Dallas"!"

"Ooh, I know, I know… they're all dead!"

Well if they're all dead, how come they're still walking around and talking, you ****? Grrrrr 👿

matthewjb
    Free Member

so even though the sideways flashes ran parallel (in time) to the real world on the island and they only begun after the nuke was set off at the end of S5 there is actually no timeframe to place them in. Is this right?

I think so. This was hinted at in a number conversations in the Church. Christian saying "there is no 'now'" to Jack. And Hurley talking to Ben about how they had been a great No 1/2. Ben/Hurley looking after the Island must have happened after Jack died.

vinnyeh

Well if they're all dead, how come they're still walking around and talking, you ****? Grrrrr

I can see why you'd have a problem with that 😆

We felt a bit let down by the ending, but thinking about it more, it makes sense (in a way).
    They didn't really go out of their way to answer a lot of the questions raised during the last 6 years though, did they?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Do you think you could edit Lost down to an hour or two so I could be botherd to watch it and understand what went on?

vinnyeh

Do you think you could edit Lost down to an hour or two so I could be botherd to watch it and understand what went on?

You could do, but that would be missing the point, a lot of the show is character driven. Like The Wire- you could summarise the storyline for each series in a couple of sentences, but why would you want to do that?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i thoguht the ending was ok in hindsight. i've no problem with a lack of explanation for ALL the mysteries, though i do get the impression that entire seasons could have been removed without affecting the story, way too many 'dead end' story lines.

it is a load of tosh, but so is everything else on TV. as something to watch in the evenings that gets your mind thinking that isn't too serious its great.

my girlfriend used to complain about it, but happily watches Coronation Street. WTF?

yoshimi

So the sideways flashes was pergatory, which the characters that needed and had the greatest impact on each others lives constructed. It seems odd that Desmond and Eloiuse would be disacussing the fate of the others in this sideways flash world.

So we understood (sortof) about the flashes but for me that was only one part of S6 and yes we've leant about the orgind of Jacob, MiB, Richard etc but we never learnt anything about the island, including how Jacob was able to bring all the people together on that plane on the first place, where did that forest woman come from, how did MiB become the smoke, why didn't Desmond or Jack also become the smoke? How did the pylons stop the smoke (how did they even find this out), where hell did that staue on the beach come from? what did hurleys number mean? Richard and his men, instructed by Jacob killed all the Dharma guys, why?……..and quite lierally hundreds of other questions.

Tim
    Free Member

si-wilson
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the whole show and end was just right. Why should everything always be explained? The link posted above by boardinbob sums it up pretty well imo 🙂

ocrider

what did hurleys number mean?

The episode with Jacob's lighthouse resolved that. The numbers were the candidates.

retro83
    Free Member

The real ending to Lost …

clareymorris
    luked2
    Free Member

I am *so* glad I only watched a couple of episodes of this at the start, and spent the time saved in riding my bike!

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘'LOST' – The end, thank god for that!’ is closed to new replies.