Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lost light help please
  • mlke
    Free Member

Doh Most annoying but I lost my lamp out of a carelessly secured pannier in the toon the other day. I still have the charger and battery so ideally would like to replace the lamp.
    Double Doh. I don’t have any paperwork but it came in a black box with yellow highlights – “Bicycle light and headlight” The light set was in a singletrack group set approx 2/3 years ago and was the cheapie UK repackaged Chinese import. Lamp was held on with a bungee. It’s been successful so if pos I’d like to seek out a replacement lamp.
    Can anyone advise?

mlke
    Free Member

I suppose the other way round is to source a LED lamp – how to work out what lamp is compatible with my battery/charger?

cynic-al
    Free Member

IS it the older DX/magicshine style?

mlke
    Free Member

It took a XML -T6 bulb whatever that means and claimed 1000 lumens- I’m not sure what DX Magicshine is

mlke
    Free Member

It took a XML -T6 bulb whatever that means and claimed 1000 lumens- I’m not sure what DX Magicshine is

z1ppy

DX (deal extreme) is a chinese website that supplies cheap chinese lights.
    Magicshine was a “branding” for some cheap chinese light (like Fluxient and Solarstorm).

You can get another light head of the same type or upgrade depending on your battery, though if you upgrade to a higher output head unit your battery runtime will be reduced (obviously). There a good chance it will be a Magicshine ‘clone’ of some sort, they all tend to use similar connectors. The connector are a certain size but polarity of the connections are awkward to test

TBH unless you really want to save as much cash as you can, just buying a new light and battery might be the easy option. As your unit was a couple of years old, the battery will have deteriorated.

Lots of XML head lights are available on ebay (or numerous chinese sites), as well as this years popular dual XML unit (solarstorm X2). Just search XML in the ‘cycling’ category will help whittle it down to just over a thousand. You’ll pay a small premium for a UK supplier, but will receive it quicker than waiting for a Chinese/Hong kong import.

I have a spare old XML head unit I don’t need, but there so cheap to buy, it hardly seems worth offering it.

z1ppy

hmm doing a small bit of internet stalking, you seemingly bought a MTB Batteries XML light (V1). As above, this is a what we’d call a Magicshine clone, though Mark believes he was selling a better product than the STD DX ones (he tested and supported them better than most sellers). Mine (my spare) is one of these and has worked fine for the last season (or 2?), & I’ve used it with a replacement MS battery.
    So I’d suggest your battery will work with any std chinese head unit…

mlke
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I don’t like EBay after a bad paypal experience so will prob go with the deal extreme or similar web site

richpips
    Free Member

Check the classifieds. Someone was selling just a DX light the other day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lost light help please’ is closed to new replies.