Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lost At Glentress
  • dickydutch

This is a real longshot but definitely worth a try – I think I lost a Dakine frame pouch at Glentress on Monday 31st whilst riding with my 4 and 6 yr old lads.
    I think it was in the layby at the bottom of the fireroad up to Buzzard’s Nest (where the blue comes down towards the cafe) and contained a Lezyne multi tool, 29 Tube, two CO2 cartridges and a lezyne adapter to go on said C02 cartridges.

I’ve rang up the bike shop there but alas nothing has been handed in. I don’t suppose anyone on here picked it up, or knows someone who did pick it up?

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

dickydutch

?

duncancallum

Shared on the 7stains fb page

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dickydutch

Thankyou Duncan – I don’t have FB so that’s really appreciated.

LMT
    Free Member

Shared on a Twitter bike chat group, quite a few ride glentress, hope you find it.

dickydutch

Thanks LMT. I hope I find it too – aside from the financial cost of replacing it, that pouch and the tools have a bit of sentimental value too. They’ve got me out of a number of scrapes!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Is there any merit in me popping round tomorrow to see if it’s in the undergrowth are are we talking a “I left it lying on the road and cycled away after fixing a tyre” type affair?

dickydutch

Hi Josh – that’s a really kind offer, thankyou. If you’re riding there anyway, then it would be great if you could keep an eye open. The bag is in that sort of teal and orange colour.
    I think it would have been in that wee layby I mentioned as that’s where I met my wife as opposed to the car park. The boys had just about had enough by that point so I asked her to meet us there. I have a feeling I took it off my downtube before I put it on the rack but perhaps left it on the ground as opposed to putting it in the car!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Okay cool I’ll skoot along on my shakedown ride.

Just to save a total miss…

Which layby do you mean?

https://gridreferencefinder.com/

dickydutch

Grid Reference (6 figure)
    NT286399
    X (Easting) , Y (Northing)
    328629 , 639964

Well I guess out of a loss, at least I’ve found a cool new website! Never seen that grid ref finder before. Handy.
    Anyway, I think that’s it. My wife was just pulled in at the northern tip of that layby.
    Thanks again Josh.

dyna-ti

At least it didnt have your house keys in it.

dickydutch

That’s true. Though if it had the van keys in I’d probably have noticed it was missing!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ah that one, I thought it would be. okay cool I’ll head out later today and take a swatch.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Had a mooch* around but couldn’t see it around the layby so cast around the neighbouring ditches for roofejection potential.

Bit of a long shot I guess after a week.

Try the popo you never know. If it’s there and I can pick it up for you it’s only round the corner.

dickydutch

Thanks Josh – I didnt hold out much hope but it was worth a deak.
    What’s the popo you mention?

duncancallum

Police station lost property old school

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ha.

What is the world coming to.

But yeah police lost property. I have handed in and got back stuff in my time through the police.

dickydutch

AHh – got it. Seems my lingo isn’t up to scratch! I’ll give them a try though. May also call the bike shop again before starting to price up an equivalent. 🙁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lost At Glentress’ is closed to new replies.