Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lost a Ragley Mounting Bike?
  • stwhannah

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767276463306131?view=permalink&id=2742997469067344

I’m hunting through Facebook in the hope of spotting our bikes and I saw this. I’ve learnt that it’s common to seek a swap with a stolen bike so that it breaks the chain of the thief to the location and the bike – but they’ve still got an asset. So this ‘mounting bike’ with no picture of the actual bike looks rather suspect (as does half of Facebook marketplace – anyone lost a Deedar? There’s one for swaps on there too)

If you don’t already know about it, there’s findthatbike.co.uk that sweeps a whole bunch of second hand sites and you can set alerts. One of our group has just found their stolen Orange was sold in Halifax a month or so ago.

onwards….

walleater

Good luck with the search!
    Reminds me of a taxi trip in Birmingham once…. Driver asked me what I’d been doing today and I replied that I’d been mountain biking. He looked a bit odd and replied….” Mounting bacon?”.

qwerty
    Free Member

Thats a stock photo, Castleford’s and hour from Hebden, could be the ST towers one???

qwerty
    Free Member

Doh – just realised who the OP is…. I just emailed STW editor with the thread link!!!

Don’t give up – I reclaimed a bike stolen from me 3 years after it was stolen.

🤞🤞🤞

BillOddie

When my garage was emptied, I managed to find one of our bikes on Facebook marketplace, which as Hannah points out is verrrrrrrrrrry dodgy.  I alerted the Police and they got the bike back for us.  Apparently it had passed through 4 sets of hands in about as many days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lost a Ragley Mounting Bike?’ is closed to new replies.