Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Loss of part of lung – how much normality after? (not me this time)
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

A friend in her 60’s lost the middle lobe of her right lung about 6 months or so ago in a planned operation. Prior to the op her lung capacity etc tests were good. She is recovering well but gets out of breath really easily even walking about on the flat.

Anyone know if she is likely to always be short of breath or if she will continue to improve? The NHS are very pleased with how its all going, but no one seems able to say if this is as good as it gets or if she is still in the recovery stage. That is not some kind of complaint, I think they did a great job, but I dont really know how to handle her frustrations – to say give it time or to say be a bit realistic, as it were.

Any helpful experiences? Thanks.

leffeboy

I had a big lump of left lung removed a few years ago. Initially it is bad and for a long time I couldn’t keep up with our cycling group and would drop off the back after an hour but now it seems fine and it feels as though I’m back where I was before. I do still get out if breath if I run upstairs but other that I feel great and the creaks are as much old age as anything else. Just ran a 20k for the first time in 16 years at pretty much the same speed as last time and wasn’t taking it gently although I’m not particularly fast

There is hope:)

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Thanks leffeboy thats really helpful info.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

No worries. I wondered the same stuff and couldn’t find info. either. It is a bit frustrating initially but now I never think about it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Loss of part of lung – how much normality after? (not me this time)’ is closed to new replies.