Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Losing those last 5/6 lbs – weight loss plateau
  • crikey
    Free Member

There’s fighting, and then there’s fighting…

CountZero

How much does your head weigh…?

organic355
    Free Member

Something like Chad mendes would be what I was after (in a non Ghey way).

not sure if attainable though…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Completely possible.

Similar ability may not be though.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I would say it was attainable, but to maintain that level of cut will be a joyless affair. Fairly easy for the young, but gets harder with age.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but to maintain that level of cut will be a joyless affair require hard work and dedication

If you like hard exercise and healthy food you’ll be fine.

BoardinBob

Adding a pretty tough MMA strength and conditioning session to my week has had the biggest effect on my physical appearance. We mix it up every few weeks but at the moment it looks like this:

10 deadlifts – 100kgs

20 “Michelles” (lying on the floor, back against a punchbag lying on the floor and doing glute raises with the bar/ weight combo from the deadlifts) – 100kgs

10 sand bag get-ups – 35kg bag

20 ass-to-bag bar bell squat thrusters – 30kg

20 one handed kettle bell swings – 32kg

10 dumbell squat thrusters – 30kg each dumbell

20 medicine ball slams

10 ladder walks

10 farmer walks – 30kg dumbell in each hand

Repeat all that 3 times

6 weeks of this has had the biggest impact on my physical appearance. Stronger with more muscle and starting to appear vascular along with a noticeable drop in body fat. The rest of the guys in the gym also pinpoint this as the being the session that helped them the most.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BoardinBob – blimey… you must be pretty hench!

BoardinBob

BoardinBob – blimey… you must be pretty hench!

I’m a runt compared to most of the other guys I train with

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Runt?!?!?!

I very much doubt you’re striving to get to 11 stone lifting weights like that!!

BoardinBob

Interestingly enough, no one is huge, they’re just all ripped (I’m far from ripped) but there are guys weighing 10kg+ less than me, deadlifting 160kgs, adding 10kg onto the bar bells and dumb bells etc.

BoardinBob

I forgot we had a wee video on youtube

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qd6Vb38urc[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How big is not huge?

I’m fascinated in all this stuff.

Edit – great vid.. cheers.

Bagstard
    Free Member

TSY, I guess it depends how important it is to you and what your lifestyle dictates. At 38 I can comfortably maintain at around the 9-10% mark without it being an obsession. As a younger man I was around 7% fot the same effort, it does get more difficult.

organic355
    Free Member

nice vid, where can I get one of those ladders?

Solo
    Free Member

That ^^^ video.

I see alot of movements which seem to be executed in that Mov Nat video, ” The workout the world forgot “.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s about training when your stomach is rumbling first thing in the morning.

Don’t you get those awful low blood sugar shakes (I don’t mean the drinks!) when you do that?

Depends how long the ride is. I do a couple of commutes a week in summer on a cup of black coffee and eat breakfast when I get in. My commute is 20 miles and I do it at a reasonable pace. I don’t feel bad either during or after it and I’m fine for the ride home.

I think most of probably have enough of a store of energy to ride for at least an hour on an ’empty stomach’.

Looking at the op’s excercise for the week I would say you could easily do more. You’re not doing that much.

BoardinBob

where can I get one of those ladders?

http://www.blitzsport.com/Speed-Agility-Ladder

Solo
    Free Member

Surprized to see how many folk now fess-up to riding in the morning, before breakfast.

I’ve done that for ages, but reading all the posts by people claiming to fuel up before a ride.
    Made me feel I was mental to ride out without breakfast.

You live and you learn, eh ?.

Gary_M
    Free Member

‘fess-up’?? Its hardly something to keep quiet about then annonce to the world.

Solo
    Free Member

**sighs**

alex222
    Free Member

does this mean i can eat a cake before i leave the office tonight? I am going riding and am well hungry. I don’t want to catch the bonk

alex222
    Free Member

to clarify, can eating high gi food several hours before riding be acceptable if you are already hungry? I am aware it would be better to eat low gi food 12 hours earlier but I obviously haven’t had enough low gi food and I am now famished. it will be a fast ride.

Solo
    Free Member

Given the choice between the bonk or cake.

I’d have the cake.

Esp as, if you bonk, you’ll need cake anyway.
    😉

alex222
    Free Member

this is what i thought. but there does seem to be so many ‘conflicting’ principals that you need to tie in together.

Solo
    Free Member

this is what i thought. but there does seem to be so many ‘conflicting’ principals that you need to tie in together.

Nah, not really.

Pop your cake.
    Ride your bike.
    If you become a biffer.
    Less cake.

🙂

alex222
    Free Member

well I am not a biffer and I eat well (healthily) just find the whole low gi high gi carb cycling baffling.

Solo
    Free Member

just find the whole low gi high gi carb cycling baffling.

Same here.

you’ll be fine.
    😉

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve had similar problems in shifting the last few kg. I expected to gain a little fatoverchristmas but now I am back training again, I am still not losing weight despite sticking to the idave eating plan as I have done for the last year or so. I a, actually gaining weight some weeks.

Early morning training is a problem for me because of work and kids. I don’t really know what t o do next, training is going ok, but weight loss is not (and it isn’t muscle gain).

Any smart ideas for good training sessions?

I am road racing and already 94kg and about 15% body fat so I don’t want any extra muscle mass, just to get leaner .

Solo
    Free Member

and about 15% body fat

Thats mission accomplished for iDave diet.

To get a lower BF, you may need to go for the iDave diet – plus.

TSY may be able to assist.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not on the iDiet+. Unless it’s by accident.

How tall are you oddjob?

Solo
    Free Member

I’m not on the iDiet+. Unless it’s by accident.

Calm down, don’t get your mankini in a twist, TSY.

Using plus allows me forum license to describe anything.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You obviously don’t understand the licensing and royalty agreements that DD set up with regards to iStuff.

Even Apple are paying him.

Solo
    Free Member

You obviously don’t understand the licensing and royalty agreements that DD set up with regards to iStuff.

Even Apple are paying him.

😯

Hhmmm.

But I can probably convince you to keep schtoom.
    Or I’ll be forced to publish those pictures of you in that burlesque mankini.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re now in iDebt x2.

Solo
    Free Member

Can we have an iDave diet party now ?.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m 1.93 or about 6’3″ in old money

I think I am struggling to get leaner as a result of being slightly overweight for most of my life despite being active (played rugby for many years throught school and uni and then cycled and did triathlon for some years before having kids and settling into bike racing.)

Why ask about my height

Why did I be leaner than this last year, but am struggling this year?

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Losing those last 5/6 lbs – weight loss plateau’ is closed to new replies.