Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Losing Oil through U-Turn Adjustment on Pikes
  • BillOddie

Has anyone else lost fork oil through the U-Turn adjuster/Schraeder Valve on a Air U-turn set of Pikes?

I lost about 1 teaspoon maybe less whilst the bike was lying down in the back of the car for a couple of hours.

Can you top it up easily and can you sort the root cause of the issue easily at home?

zaskar
    Free Member

Call Tim Flooks?

Email RS?

jojoA1
    Free Member

This happened to my Pikes when they were still under warranty, it was an ‘O’ ring that needed replacing I believe.

I can’t give you more detail than that as sadly the Girly white noise effect occurs when people start telling me some of the finer details of technical stuff….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

This happened with my Rebas when I used to leave the bike upside down in the shed. I am not sure how much I lost, but it hasn’t affected the performance as far as I can tell and I know make sure I store the bike upright.

I might e-mail Rockshox as it does seem a little crappy.

steveh

It’s in the FAQ bit for Rock shox on the tf site. O ring issue, they have a mod which improves but doesn’t remove it.

lrd
    Free Member

I have this through the u-turn on my 09 revs. The bike was upside down for 2.5 hours in the back of the car driving to Brechfa. The distributor said I could return them for a new seal under warranty.

BillOddie

OK, so this is vaguelly normal…

I’ll get them serviced in the next month anyway.

Cheers All.

markenduro
    Free Member

the oil in the spring leg doesn’t really do much other than lube the seals. There is a circlip which holds the u-turn bit on, take this off (beware the ball bearings and sprinds which give the adjuster the ‘nothces’) and replace the o-ring underneath it, job done. Not worth paying £10 postage to replace a 10p part IMO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Losing Oil through U-Turn Adjustment on Pikes’ is closed to new replies.