Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Lord help me…Facebook marketplace…. aaand breathe…..
  • DrP

Honestly..how some of these people know how to poop out of their arses amazes me….

I’m trying to get rid of a wee-ride seat.
    I’ve clearly stated wee-ride, and clearly stated it’s the seat only, and clearly stated my postcode.

So the first message i get is:
    “available”

No question mark, no “is it..”.
    Just “available”.

It’s easier to click the auto message “is this still available?” than type that.

Then people asking “how does this fit to the bike”. Lots of people. I tell them to google it.\
    I then get – “is this the seat only?”

I included THREE pertinent bits of information in the ad. V little else actually. The fact it’s the RUDDY SEAT ONLY was 1 of the 3….

“Where are you based”. Like the concept of a postcode was made up by me, and only me, that morning.
    Granted, the postcode may not be the EXACT GPS CO-ORDINATES of the seat. But if a radius of 30m is too much bother for you, then just let me shoot you now….
    Are they thinking “oh, you’re number 56 XYZ road. nah, I would only travel to 34. soz mate…”

I’ve removed it from FB market place and am going to eat the effing thing. Would be less bother i think…

ranty rant over..

DrP

rockandrollmark

Is this still available?

Houns

Where you based?

nickc

How does it fit?

DrP

you’re all banned..

DrP

rockandrollmark

Sorry,

Is this still available? Wots ur best price? Swaps for a mini-moto with cash my way?

the-muffin-man

Just lost me job and the wife’s leg has fallen off – can’t you deliver it for free.

dc1988

Ill give u 5 quid m8 if u deliva

bear-uk
    Free Member

😂😂😂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And to think just about every ebay related post suggests FB market place is better.

DrP

Swaps for a mini-moto with cash my way?

I think there’s a pit somewhere they all come out of, riding mini motos!!

And top think just about every ebay related post suggests FB market place is better.

I think if you are selling an expensive, niche item, it IS.. i sold my Kingdom vendetta there no issues.
    But if you sprinkle crumbs on the floor..the ants come out….

DrP

franksinatra

I been having an epic clearout recently and posted loads of Ikea furniture on Marketplace, been amazed at how quickly it has shifted. I posted three sets of drawers and had 36 messages within 15 minutes. Everything I have listed has sold within 24hrs. I have now stopped using Gumtree.

However, there are some right numpties. The most common numpty question is around delivery. I put collection only option, I say collection only in the description and they still ask if delivery available. Usually they want it delivered to somewhere at least 50 miles away

funkmasterp

Is this a Wee ride seat or some other brand? Does it come with all the fixings?

whatgoesup

can u fit it too my bike?

am in london so not to far 4 u 2 cum do it

franksinatra

Will my child like this seat?

whatgoesup

The second worst stuff to sell on marketplace apart from kids stuff is car audio

I was selling a used amp for about £50 and one guy asked if I could fit it to his car for him then he’ll decide whether he likes it or not.

When it eventually did sell the guy claimed it didn’t work and asked for a refund, but not return it as he was too far. I said of course if you bring it back and we’ll check it and if it doesn’t work then yes, no problem for a refund. Funnily enough I heard nothing back after that.

DrP

also, people are so rude..
    “is this available”
    “yes”
    “give me your address”.

I’ve just deleted that convo.

Told another person to please come collect today or i’ll tip it.

Will see if it’s still there when i get back from work

DrP

sssimon
    Free Member

swapz 4 ps2 wif games?

donks
    Free Member

I sold my son’s first bike on there the other day…..it’s very clearly a very tiny bike for a 4 or 5 year old and I gave sizes and a recommended age in the ad, I got an offer and went through to the point of giving out my address and arranging a collection time ect, then about an hour before she was meant to collect I got a message to say what size is it and would it be ok for her 14 year old son!!!

Having said that, I did shift a few bikes, scooters and other bits really easily and for asking price so numpties aside it’s easier than eBay for my money.

13thfloormonk

Next

(wtf does that actually mean, on a for sale post with no other posts or likes?)

13thfloormonk

I got in to a mega argument with some self styled FB Marketplace enforcer because he didn’t like the price I was selling some used hiking boots for. Those folks piss me off more than anything, why did he care? I wasn’t deceiving anyone about the condition of the boots and with a resoling they would still have cost someone less than half the RRP of an expensive set of boots. Grrrr….

Rockplough
    Free Member

chicken casserole supplies

franksinatra

I regard something as available until paid for by paypal or collected. I state this in the ad so generally cuts down on people messing you around

alan1977
    Free Member

best price?

DrP

I regard something as available until paid for by paypal or collected. I state this in the add so generally cuts down on people messing you around

100% ditto…
    “wud you hold this. i’m cuming from leedz to collect in 40 min” (i’m on the south coast).
    I simply say first to put money in my hand or account gets it.

Idiots

DrP

Vortexracing

what never amazes me is some of the daft low offers you get, plus I had one that asked could ‘I bring it to him?’ (50 miles away BTW) !!!!!

franksinatra

I an fighting the urge to find your listing on marketplace before sending you a message asking if it will fit my bike/do you deliver/will you take £3 for it m8

bigblackshed

I’ve tried to use FB Marketplace but the amount of time wasters is unreal. The level of illiteracy takes some getting used to, but I now try to look past that, but it’s tough when it’s completely indecipherable.

A while ago I tried to give some thing away for free. The amount of hassle to give something away was more than just taking it to a charity shop or the tip. But I hate throwing good things away just because I don’t need them.

reeksy

What colour is it?

DezB
    Free Member

Only upside is you don’t get this with FB –

Ebay charge a FEE FOR THE POSTAGE!?!

kerley
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter what method you choose to sell, the buyers are the same people.

Very elitist comment coming – 80% of people in this country are extremely stupid, you are going to be dealing with them whenever you sell anything to them.

You can rule it all out by selling on eBay, Buy It Now, immediate payment required. Completely removed all the hassle out of selling anything. Get questions, just ignore them, someone else will buy it who hasn’t got a stupid question.

franksinatra

80% of people in this country who buy stuff on Facebook are extremely stupid

Fixed it for you m8

ferrit
    Free Member

I hear you.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
    ― George Carlin

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Facebook is just representative of the Great British public. 99% Morons.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ebay and Gumtree are bad enough, but Facebook Marketplace is the haunt of an entirely different level of cretin.

The thing that surprises me is that whenever I have had to interact with anyone on FB Marketplace (when the missus has clearly ignored my ‘never again’ edict), I have never met anyone who appears to possess cognitive abilities that would rival those of a rabbit dropping. Not once.

dogbone

I use Gumtree for stuff I want to sell locally. Minimal buggering around and free.

Bez

You can rule it all out by selling on eBay, Buy It Now, immediate payment required. Completely removed all the hassle out of selling anything.

You’re joking, right? Or you clearly haven’t encountered the parade of arse candles that I have when trying to sell in exactly that way.

I’ve given up trying to sell anything on eBay and mostly I just can’t be arsed selling stuff by most routes any more. In most cases I’d rather just give it away to avoid being jerked around.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve had mostly good experiences on FB marketplace and I have used it quite a bit recently. Some people are gruff and uncommunicative but some are alright. But the weird thing is that nearly all the sellers I’ve bought from and I think ALL the buyers who’ve bought my stuff have been from the same part of Cardiff.

In most cases I’d rather just give it away to avoid being jerked around.

This is happening in my neighbourhood. A lot of quite decent stuff including very serviceable kids’ bikes being given away on the ‘no selling allowed’ community page because people simply CBA.

grum
    Free Member

I want to know what next means also – next dibs? I would not be saving anything for someone who can only be arsed to type next

Deactivating my FB account is one of the best things I ever did.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ebay charge a FEE FOR THE POSTAGE!?!

It didn’t used to be the way, but back in the day, people consistently listed an item at “99p with £200 postage” for rather than a £200 item in order to avoid the fees charged by eBay foot the final transaction. EBay started charging fees on post and the practice largely stopped.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Lord help me…Facebook marketplace…. aaand breathe…..’ is closed to new replies.