Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lord Gun ordering since Brexit
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

As the title suggest – anybody done it ? The item I want is in stock ready to ship & meets the minimum price requirement for a UK sale.

windyg
    Free Member

One company I would never use again, took weeks to actually ship a “stock” item then it disappeared and weeks later it is back with them, I then had to chase for a refund that they said would take a couple of days that in the end took weeks.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Crikey their Trustpilot reviews are an eye opener! Not touching them with someone else’s bargepole!

julians
    Free Member

Ordered a helmet from them last week, seems to have been shipped straightaway, got a tracking number,looking on the royal mail website it says it left Italy on 17th Feb, but currently it hasn’t arrived in the UK, so presumably its sitting in a queue at the border.

Will give it a couple of weeks before I cancel it.

devash
    Free Member

I personally wouldn’t order anything from the EU stores for delivery to the UK any more. No longer in the EU = no longer protected by EU distance selling rules so very little comeback apart from claiming on your credit card if things go wrong.

didnthurt

I used them last year for a load of tyres and they were fine. As they’re Italian they have a great selection of Italian cycle clothing. Obviously I can’t comment on them post brexit.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Just dealt with Deporvillage (Spain). Wow! Ordered Monday and here by Wednesday. No minimum spend and hassle free. I’ve ordered in stock stuff from the UK that’s taken 12 days to be DISPATCHED. Use PayPal or credit card and you’re covered.

My company HAS to order bike parts from the EU due to the ***k up that is Br***t and no current supply here. We’ve had zero problems.

jonba
    Free Member

Mostly a tax/surcharge thing for me.

Ok if sorted but don’t want to get stung for vat after paying tax at sale and then get a handling charge on top.

Lordgun were ok prebrexit. Although I wasn’t a fan of their .co.uk address and not being in the UK. I didn’t realise until I ordered.

I’d not order anything likely to go back. Standard stuff, like tyres, components etc. is fine – rare to need to return these days. Clothes etc. would be a no from me.

jkomo

Ordered from ‘Pro bike kit’ for the first time this week, for some reason I thought it was a European outfit, but it’s not, it’s UK based.
    Everything arrived in about three days, all fine. It was the cheapest for my part by a big margin, so might be worth a look there.
    The only annoying thing is they sent leaflet in the box promoting an online gambling app. I mean WTF, that boils my piss.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Never heard of Deporvillage they have the same item in stock but cheaper. I thought Lord Gun were like other continental sellers I’d used before (Bike 24 etc) that I never had a problem with.
    I can’t get the item from UK seller or anything similar – its an FSA stem with -12 negative rise. Plenty of -17 but thats too steep for my liking.

MoreCashThanDash

The only annoying thing is they sent leaflet in the box promoting an online gambling app. I mean WTF, that boils my piss

Your piss must have a very low boiling point if you get upset by an ad for something you presumably don’t do yourself.

Used PBK for years for roadie stuff, always reliable. Think I have a 12% off code as they are missing me as I’ve not ordered for 3 weeks.

jkomo

MCTD yeah I just don’t like any promoting of gambling really.

pampmyride
    Free Member

Lord Gun sent the steel sprox I ordered promptly in early Jan. Second one I’ve got from them…

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Lord Gun won’t ship as the item is under the price needed – this price has to be over £135. before they add VAT to ship to the UK.

hooli

I used them twice, long before brexit and they were dire. I wouldn’t use them again, especially with any brexit complications.

13thfloormonk

Soo… are we saying deporvillage are OK?

As usual, it only seems to be euro sellers that have the part I want 🙄

savoyad

@julians did your helmet ever arrive from lordgun?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lord Gun ordering since Brexit’ is closed to new replies.