Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lord Ahmed Jailed
  • mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Sentenced to 12 weeks clink for admitting to dangerous driving even though the judge stated

“After a full and thorough police investigation it’s clear the dangerous driving had no causal link to the accident.”

How does that work then.

hora
    Free Member

3months? OUT in how many weeks? What the ****.

andym
    Free Member

How does that work then.

The accident was due to the other bloke being drunk. He’d have got a lot longer if he had caused an accident.

hora
    Free Member

The accident was due to the other bloke being drunk

Ahmed was sending texts to a Journalist whilst driving. IF he hadnt have been he would have seen the cars crashed into the central reservation.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He was convicted of “dangerous driving” not “causing death by dangerous driving”

So he was driving dangerously but his dangerous driving did not cause the crash.

andym
    Free Member

Hora

Which bit of “After a full and thorough police investigation it’s clear the dangerous driving had no causal link to the accident” don’t you understand?

enfht
    Free Member

Thanks **** the judge wasn’t worried that Ahmed might threaten to march 10,000 screaming protesters to the court. I hope he gets (unwillingly) bummed in jail.

mt
    Free Member

Fantastic! Does that mean he can still claim his “expenses” while retained at HM’s pleasure?

Spongebob
    Free Member

The Guardian said:

The last message was sent two minutes and 1.86 miles before the Jaguar smashed into an Audi that had clipped the central barrier shortly beforehand and ended up facing the wrong way in the outside lane. Its driver, Martyn Gombar, 28, a Slovakian father of two living in Manchester, who had been drinking, was trying to retrieve his own mobile phone at the time of the collision.

They didn’t say the dead man was drunk, but he was in the road trying to retrieve his own phone!?

There had been 18 mins of sustained texting activity prior to the two minute period before the crash.

I guess they may have assumed Lord Ahmed was still texting, but hadn’t actually hit the send button when the accident occurred. They also said the spot where the collision happened was poorly lit and this would have had a bearing on what happened wouldn’t it?

I am not for one second defending idiots that text while driving, but from what i’m reading, the striking of the Slovakian was a separate matter from the act of sustained text messaging while driving on a motorway.

Maybe he’s just a shxt driver in which case driving without due care would have been more appropriate! But walking in the fast lane of a motorway to retrieve a mobile phone has to be one of the stupidest things you could do!

Who knows what actually happened and what was said in court, we weren’t there to hear all the evidence.

Poor relatives and friends of the deceased man!

scraprider
    Free Member

its all hearsay of coures, but if he driving his sodding car, instead of poncing about on his phone , he may of spotted the person who had just trash into the central.

freeandsingle
    Free Member

“the last message was sent two minutes and 1.86 miles before” That’s scary, didn’t know signals could be tracked that accurately!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Who knows what actually happened and what was said in court, we weren’t there to hear all the evidence.

Sod the evidence and what was said in court. What is it with all you do-gooders – next you’ll be talking about his so-called “human rights” ffs.

I’m with enfht on this – good on the judge for ignoring the 10,000 screaming protesters, and let’s just hope he’s gets raped in prison.

taxi25
    Free Member

If you accept as the court appears to have done,that the texting and the crash were not realated.Then a prison sentance seems pretty stiff to me.I’ll be interested to see how the appeal goes.

scraprider
    Free Member

“lights out” i cant help but find it funny tbh , if it was me or someother normall bod, the sentencs would prolly be more,im sure theres a message (no punn intended) there somewear , ah yes i remeber now DONT USE YOUR PHONE FOR TEXTING IF YOUR DRIVING.

Rich
    Free Member

But if the texting wasn’t related to the accident, why was he put in jail, for hitting another car that had already crashed or for texting on the motorway?

It seems like for the texting, which if he hadnt had a crash later on, and was just seen doing it by the police he wouldnt have got a prison sentence.

Seems weird. The key thing here being the “2 incidents not linked, yet you’re going to prison for texting.” 😕

scaredypants

Does anyone know – is it actually possible to know that txting and the crash were unrelated. I’d have thought you’d need cctv in the car to see where his eyes were pointing prior to impact.

Unless he was stupid enough to leave evidence of further “typing” on the handset (or actually send the message), how could they ever know what he was doing ?

Also, how would anyone know what time he hit the other cars with that sort of accuracy anyway without video evidence ?

Spongebob
    Free Member

BTW I really don’t care what happens to him in prison – am no wet liberal! I’m sure he will be treated as a special case because of his status.

IMO he should be stripped of his peer status after such an apalling disregard for public safety!

It is people who have such high status that should set an example to the rest of us.

I just got a whiff of journalists skewing balanced reporting in favour of an opportunity to bang on about a controversial current issue. Am I cynical?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lord Ahmed Jailed’ is closed to new replies.