Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Losing my patience
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Have I got “stop me and have a pop” stamped on my forehead or bike? – Jesus – Just about had enough of walkers and motorists stopping to have a pop when I am obeying the law, minding my own business etc.

I am fed up with all those cyclists that give the rest of us a bad name and makes the general population label you as a nuisance – this is a fault of both people who generalise and the cocks that ride like they have a death wish.

Has anyone else found that people are far to vocal towards cyclists these days?

[feel free to ignore my grumpiness] 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have changed my commute route to avoid the traffic; adds on a mile or so but keeps me away from the ****s on their way to work.

road riding i choose quiet routes

mtbing a rarely see anyone and if i do they tend to be friendly/ quiet.

boxfish
    Free Member

OP I feel your pain. I changed my commute to a mellow 20 minute pootle through backstreets and cycle paths, thus avoiding most of the eejits.

kayak23

Your patience is becoming ‘loose’?

allthepies
    Free Member

Has anyone else found that people are far to vocal towards cyclists these days?

Not really.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got stopped by a lorry this morning – I was crossing the dual carriageway (where there is a path through the central reservation) – it is far safer than the “cycleway” @ drumbridges roundabout which is lethal at rush hour – I have been doing it nearly every day for 7 years – just because he has seen cyclists being dangerous he immediately labels me the same and starts having a pop. Trouble is if I say F Off it just makes his bigoted view more so?

Do I represent all cyclists then – cummon man. 🙁

foxyrider
    Free Member

Your patience is becoming ‘loose’?

I don’t know what you mean 😉

stumpy01

I feel the same when I’m driving of late.
    Seems like everyone wants to cut in at the last minute on slip roads and then brake hard, slowing me down. People pulling out on me on roundabouts, getting in the wrong lane on roundabouts to make up a few cars and then cut across lanes to get back where they need to be, people overtaking and then deciding that they actually want to come off at the rapidly approaching slip lane but rather than tuck in behind just sit alonside me indicating, expecting me to slow down to let them in…..

the list goes on. Have had quite a depressing week of commuting, really. Hassle everyday.

On the other hand – had an ace road ride on Mon night. Inbred was caked in mud, but the gears were still working lovely, no real wind to speak of which is a rarity in the Fenny flatlands, lots of courteous drivers and 7 mins quicker than the last time I did the same route (23 miles) mainly due to the lack of wind, I think.

Chin up, foxyrider. Didn’t you say you are off on holiday with the missus soon?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No shortage of idiots around, not worth even listening let alone engaging…why let them spoil your day, you’re unlikely to change their views.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup holiday starts tomorrow with Mrs Foxyrider – Sorry I think I am in need of a break – sorry to STW forum members – loosing the plot!

Forgot my keks and shirt to change into at work after my commute so going commando today ! 😳 🙄 😕

butcher

Doesn’t matter how you ride really. The perception of your average motorist is that you shouldn’t be in their way…

ads678

Done that before, i find it quite liberating!!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

GGGRgrrr, I was out on Sunday on a road ride with the 2 kids (9 and 10yrs both on 24″ road bikes) I was behind them both about 2 foot in the road to shield them from Muppets in cars as I would rather get run over than them. This ride was in the New forest not on main roads and the amount of people beeping and getting angry was crazy. I was no way blocking any cars from passing but we had about 5 honks and some t~@T shouting out the window!
    Every time it scares the girls, people in cars must be able to see I had 2 kids with me so why not just pass slowly and enjoy the fact that my kids aren’t fat lay about and are enjoying the great outdoors, I like nothing more than seeing a parent trying to get kids involved in my sport, what’s wrong with some people….

RANT OVER, feel much better. ))

kimbers

This morning i had a cyclist shout me out of the way so he could ride across the pavement quicker
    i was really tempted to knock him off

i also had to catch up with a white van man yesterday and explain how his indicators worked after he cut me up twice on my commute

and on monday a lovely lady in a merc clipped my bars with her wing mirror and looked really outraged when i pulled infront of her at the lights and made rude gestures

i think im just getting old and grumpy tbh

DrP

I agree – recently it seems like the roads are a big battle ground – cars zooming past just to join the static line of traffic in front… Everybody rushig/getting up my tail when I’m in the car….

That’s it – the Uzi’s coming with me next time…

DrP

foxyrider
    Free Member

@Kimbers – yes I agree with everything 😉

@Bigface – did a road ride there 3 weeks ago and I think they have a beeping fettish there defo – not sure if it was politeness or not?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

this is what DrP really needs…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Losing my patience’ is closed to new replies.