Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • loosening rs maxle
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

New set of 2010 lyriks.3 rides in and so far, once in each ride, the wheel has developed a little wobble and on checking I’ve found the maxle has loosened about a 1/4 turn. Anybody suggest a cause/things to check? Hope its not a problem that will involve sending the fork back…off on hols with the bike very soon!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I’ve had similar problems with my 2011 lyriks especially at the start of a technical descent ! If you look at the lever end of the maxle you’ll see a small allen key bolt behind it , turn this a couple of notches and the lever should clamp up tighter . My lever appeared to have very little tension when clamping up but this soon cured the problem.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ah, thanks. Will give that a try. And yes, they don’t seem to clamp up as hard as the set in the other bike so it sounds like you may have it. Thanks

Jamesy
    Free Member

I have the same problem with my 2011 revs, cheers for that will check tommorow. let me know how y ou get on

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Also make sure you check them from time to time , and keep the maxle clean!

jamiec360
    Free Member

There’s some pictures of it in the manual and definitely on the SRAM website, flip the quick release down and you’ll see it in the centre of the axle, just remember not to tighten it too much or you’ll never get the qr closed

FieldMarshall

IIRC you should tension it just enough to get a slight imprint of the lever on the palm of your hand when you close the lever.

Same as the old maxle.

neilnevill
    Free Member

mine is the older maxle, so I guess I just tighten the nut at the other end …easy

FieldMarshall

Yes that should help!

No different to a QR really.

If they are like my 2010 Lyriks, even when tight the lever end will not be flush with the fork leg.

neilnevill
    Free Member

yes this with this pair there is a small gap. the other pair I have screw in flush, which is why I wondered if there was a problem with this pair

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘loosening rs maxle’ is closed to new replies.