Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • loose cage on time atac carbons…fixable..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

my bars/cage on one of my pedals has started wobbling around, there is no tension clipping in or out, causing a near hideous one footed landing this afternoon.

so its time to sort them out before i crash one footed!, I’ve taken the springs & bars/cage out and nothing looks too worn or snapped etc, can i purchase spare cagebars/springs? my google search revealed nowt from importers or major chains.

or do i just get some dx pedal and go back to indestructible ever lasting shitmano.

nostoc
    Free Member

There was a thread about this a month or so ago. All parts fairly easily attainable from US ie.

http://www.bikeman.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Time_Pedal_Small_Parts&CpField=&CpValue=&SortBy=best-desc

Is it the spring axle worn that is making the clips loose?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve had this where one on the spindles/pins that holds the springs in place worked loose. I knocked it back in with a punch and all was fine. On some it is screwed in.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thanks for the replies (been away cooking bbq and drinking) after taking the pin out and putting back in the bars seem tighter but only if the little grub screw is on full tension any other setting and its loose as a goose.
    will check the link above and maybe look at re ordering new bars and cleats.

edit: looked at the link, at those prices its cheaper to buy new dx’s than buy 2 sets of bars and springs and axle’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘loose cage on time atac carbons…fixable..?’ is closed to new replies.