Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Loooong dropper. Which?
  • PhilO
    Free Member

Measuring up my new bike, I’ve realised that the large minimum seatpost insertion means that I need a longer seatpost than is usual. 420mm minimum, preferably longer to allow for the use of shorter cranks; 440mm?

So, what are my options? Reverb @420mm is an obvious one. KS Lev @ 435mm looks good, but I have vague recollections of warranty issues? Is my memory correct and/or have things improved?

Any others?

My other option is to sleeve down the seat tube from 31.6 to 27.2… That would allow a shorter post, but there’s a weight penalty and obviously the diameter introduces another limitation.

Thoughts? 😕

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Reverb Stealth is 430mm

PhilO
    Free Member

Stealth isn’t an option, unfortunately (which is a shame, as I already have one fitted to this frame’s predecessor).

That Vecnum looks interesting, albeit a bit spendy for a pin-in-the-hole design. It also looks like it needs a shim, which would need to be 140mm long to match my insertion limit.

JoeG
    Free Member

There’s a good table in this thread

thegreatape
    Free Member

KS Lev warranty problems were, I think, when Superstar were responsible. Now it’s Jungle/Stif who distribute them.

survivor

KS problems are ancient history. Reliable posts with a few places doing service and parts for them now.(and fairly easy to selfservice if your not scared of ripping it apart) Cheapest for them is bike-discount.de. In fact there was a post the other day with a link to them selling the older 150mm drop LEV’s for about £180 or maybe a bit cheaper. Worth a look.

PhilO
    Free Member

Thanks all.

The bike-discount.de offer was what prompted me to ask the question. Sounds promising. 🙂

*wanders off to check bank balance*

I’ve been very impressed with my current generation Lev

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Loooong dropper. Which?’ is closed to new replies.