Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Loooking for a new van Vito or Transporter
  • elma
    Free Member

Looking at a new van ,will be crewcab style.
    So looking for opinions on the new shape vito or transporter.
    It will be leased so no worries about maintenance or repairs.
    So any opinions greatly appreciated.

Iain

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Have a look at the news story on petrolheads.co.uk about the new Transporter. Tis nice…

substandard
    Free Member

Hi I have 2 T5 transporters, 56 plate not very good and drinks oil i know lots of people with same thoughts?problems, my 08 is much better and very crisp to drive and doesnt use oil (get cruise control), but they eat front tyres, there is something missing since the T4 .
    I will have a look at Transits next the change is huge!

steveh

t5 all the way and I've owned both. Vitos are noisy, thirsty, rust very badly and are less reliable. I know you say no worries about this but when it's your van in the garage all the time it does matter. Drive them both and i'm sure you'll agree.

steveh

Oh and the 2.5 130bhp is the one to get. Mine with 110k+ on it was doing 40mpg to a tank. 174 does more like 32-33 and you don't need the extra power.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk for advice and info when you've got it.

project
    Free Member

Go for a Peugot/citroen/fiat van,all the same van, different names on the back.

As for VW,why would you want a van with different sized mirrors on it.

As for the original posters coment saying theyre leased so no problem with maintance and repairs.

SO WHO IS PAYING FOR THE MAINTANCE AND REPAIRS,

stand in front of mirror and say i am. Then you may understand.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I am A vw fan at heart,although I drive a 111 Vito at work,Its done 31.000 miles so far and we have had no major problems,they do seem to wear out front tyres on the edges though,and the plastic side trims are a bit flimsy.
    The anti roll bar bushes have started knocking as well,I like it over the newer VW T5, It has a nicer spread of power and a much better ride quality (lwb)The only down side I think is the slightly lower rear roof compartment in the Vito.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

We had a 06 plate 2.5 130hp T5 at work. Had a new turbo and clutch at about 120000. Got rid at 150000, still ran really well. Only other problem was I crashed it a couple of times

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had several Transporters; Wouldn't touch the 1.9 T4, but my T5 130 is great. Can get 40 mpg+ if I drive sensibly, and Front tyres lasted 25K which is better than my wife's Touran!

Old shape Vitos a bit rusty but newer ones fine as far as I know.

Dave
    Free Member

As for VW,why would you want a van with different sized mirrors on it.

Is mirror size an important factor in van choice?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Loooking for a new van Vito or Transporter’ is closed to new replies.