Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Looks like that’s me leaving the country then.
  • Premier Icon willard
    Subscriber

Yup, failed. Good job I moved to Sweden two years ago.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Test 15, 10 correct, I’m definitely on the next boat out of here.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

The “Act of Union” question is wrong. Whoever set it needs to be deported.

Bustaspoke

That test 15, I only got 13 correct on that one & I guessed a couple of those..

Test 15; failed harder than an Austin Metro in an MOT

Premier Icon moonsaballoon
    Subscriber

Just failed test 15 :). My wife , a kiwi, had to do this about 15 years ago and it was way easier than that . The questions were pretty similar but you could manage it mostly from the fact the wrong options were absurd which didn’t seem to be the case on that one .

we both thought that rather than knowing what decade punch magazine was published in some kind of help with or test of spoken English would be more of a help to people looking to settle .

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

I did a Welsh nationality test the other day and failed. Trouble is it was linked to by a Dutch friend who lives over the border. She passed!

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Apparently supermarkets have been ripping me off for years by applying vat to goods.

It’s just a crappy website. probably set up by an Indian student or a 10 year old, reading facts from a book without understanding them.

stevextc

As TJ notes, the christianty question is bollocks

It’s not bollox as such, it’s not the answer on the book.

My wife did this a couple of years ago. It was a real ordeal – you get a book to revise for it which basically details whatever the government of the day thinks you should think about the UK. Which is why some of the answers are wrong – if the Conservative government wants you to think something specific, that’s the answer, not the real answer.

First question: Which word comes from Viking – Arm, Leg, Cow, Scunthorpe? Actual WTF!

Viking is a job description, not a language… Cow is proto-germanic anyway so both old Norse and Angles and interestingly the creation myth starts with a cow… but refer back to answer #1… what’s the book say… I’m guessing it say’s thorpe is a town so that’s the answer they want

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Test 15: 13/24 (and some of them were lucky guesses).

Either the tax question is wrong or VAT isn’t what I thought it was.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

On the upside, it looks like Trumpland will take me. Here’s the US version:

https://my.uscis.gov/en/prep/test/civics/view

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Failed.

Germany please for me. I’ll have the bags packed by Monday.

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

Ten correct! Some odd questions- The Pale, seems like a fairly odd area to question on.

But 85% on the American test 🙂

stevextc

LOL.. failed test 15 miserably, ironically 15/24

munrobiker

It’s just a crappy website. probably set up by an Indian student or a 10 year old, reading facts from a book without understanding them.

They’re all real questions from the test!

Mikkel

Denmark got similar test, and similar stupid.
    They even had some correct answers which was clearly wrong some years ago.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

Test 15, got 16/24, actually knew most of the answers to the ones I got right but cocked up by second guessing on a few I got wrong.

OK, can I choose where I get deported to? Either Canada or New Zealand will be fine by me 🙂

Premier Icon cchris2lou
    Subscriber

Failed, good thing I don’t live there anymore.

Premier Icon sparkyrhino
    Subscriber

12/24 only 48% allowed to be here😉

whitestone

Did test #15 and got 15/24. Basically got all the history ones wrong, then again just why do I need to know when Britain recognised the nascent USA or when Punch was first published?

Where do I want to be sent? Scandinavia would be my first choice but anywhere, just anywhere!!!!!

Edukator

Test 15 I got stopped on the 10th question. How you can buy stuff in supermarkets without paying tax I have no idea, or does no-one drink beer? And as for the English occupying Pale in 1200 I thought the English were French of viking descent at that time and the people who invaded Pale were Scots (edit: apparenjtly not, that was a bit later and further north).

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

The questions should be relevant to living in today’s glorious Britain!

1: How many cars can you fit in to a square metre if you really wedge them in?

2: What is the average number of betting shops on any given town centre high street?

3: Jam or cream first on a scone?

4: Is a stew with a lid a pie?

5: How many years until the NHS is gone?

tpbiker

Failed test 15..this despite having a history degree from one of the UK’s best universities

Clearly they didn’t cover ‘when was punch first released in the curriculum’ however.

Also, as others have said the tax question is clearly wrong.

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

They’re all real questions from the test!

I suspect that they are just made up bollox.

Premier Icon stevie750
    Subscriber

Test 15, 10/24. Those questions where ridiculous!!

Premier Icon Oblongbob
    Subscriber

14/24 – at least Scotland will be deporting itself soon!

Premier Icon stumpy01
    Subscriber

LOL! After getting 7 out of the first 8 correct, I then only managed 12/24.

That was for test=15

Let me try again….hmmm, 22/24 on the next one.

Should I stay or should I go now…..?

Premier Icon Oblongbob
    Subscriber

Apparently VAT at the supermarkets is cancelled. Bonus. I’ll demand a 20% discount next time I’m there then.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

The tax and NI questions were unquestionably wrong.

I answered just 13 correctly.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Should I stay or should I go now…..?

If I go there will be trouble….and if I stay it will be double.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

I’ve got to leave the UK as well, for the slightly more sinister reason that the Home Office is recruiting on Civil Service Jobs for people to work in the deportation team to beef up to check the EU citizens ahead of Dec 31st.

Unfortunately, the salary for this delightful role is below the minimum you need to be allowed into the UK 🤔

Edukator

If you get stopped and have another go the questions come up in a different order. 12/24 second time around on test 15 cheating on the questions I’d learned first time. 🙁

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

I’ve got to leave the UK as well, for the slightly more sinister reason that the Home Office is recruiting on Civil Service Jobs for people to work in the deportation team to beef up to check the EU citizens ahead of Dec 31st.

Unfortunately, the salary for this delightful role is below the minimum you need to be allowed into the UK

Free uniform of brown shirts though.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

How you can buy stuff in supermarkets without paying tax I have no idea

No VAT on some food innit.

Edukator

Tax on some pensions too.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Looks like that’s me leaving the country then.

Me too. 18/24. Is it wrong that I’m not that bothered? A few years ago I would’ve classed myself as patriotic and somewhat…not proud, that’s the wrong word, but unashamedly British.

Now, if I were asked to leave, I’m not sure I’d be that fussed. I think my Patriotism has been quashed by other people’s Nationalism.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

3: Jam or cream first on a scone?

That’s a trick question, you should blend them both together then spread on at he same time.(One for Curious Cases listeners there).

The real question should be

3. Is Scone pronounced like ‘Gone’ or ‘Stone’?

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

12/24.

New Zealand or Canada, please.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Just passed test 15, I WILL be king …it’s only a matter of time

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

Well I got 12/24 – can I go to Canada please?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.