Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Looks like that’s me leaving the country then.
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

This is doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment, UK residency tests.

[EDIT – this is the URL I meant to post: https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/?test=15 ]

Could they be any more ludicrous? Most of the ones I got right were blind luck, and not a single question about anything important to British people like Love Island. Anyone would think they were designed to make people fail… er, oh.

Premier Icon senor j
    Subscriber

I passed , looks like I’m stuck.
    🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Anyone would think they were designed to make people fail… er, oh.

Maybe you need to study the guide, Cougar. You know the one that everybody who takes the test is supposed to study first..

Study Guide

kerley

I took 3 different tests and passed every time but only just. The majority of people living in this country would fail that test if just given as a spot test. There is also a lot of very irrelevant stuff in there.

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Failed.

I’d like to be deported please

2 of the questions I got are arguably wrong – date of first christian communities and apparently car driving is not a part of the british way of life but environmental protection is

I think I would like to go to Sweden please

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

20/24

pandhandj

Fail

18/24

Denmark for me please 🙂

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

22 out of 24, one was a silly mistake too. What’s the pass mark?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

What’s the pass mark?

Roast beef

stevextc

Anyone would think they were designed to make people fail… er, oh.

Dunno? I got 21/24 had to guess some actors but as much knowing the others weren’t British..

Could they be any more ludicrous?

I dunno… what’s the purpose of the test? Seems like anyone who can be arsed and can read English can pass if its just learning the answers they want to the same questions?

Doesn’t seem any different to the English education system really> It’s like GSCE in some trivia that might be inaccurate but it doesn’t matter if you give the answer we want questions?

I’m quite surprised they had no questions on DH or Enduro though?? Maybe that’s one of the other tests I missed?

stevextc

2 of the questions I got are arguably wrong – date of first christian communities and apparently car driving is not a part of the british way of life but environmental protection is

Yep, though it’s not right or wrong it’s give the answer they want.

cyclelife

Bollocks – I’m stuck here to! Poor test though.

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

I failed because there wasn’t an option for who gives a F***

First 10k winner? Tower of London? St David’s Day? Oscars? etc etc

What on earth has that got to do with someone’s suitability to be a decent citizen?

There was a question about the husband of a future monarch of the UK, and fairness is not a current British govt characteristic.

I suppose I’ll be deported to Scotland… 🙂

Maybe they should just have a box to say I’m white and speak with an English accent, and only accept those, because that’s what they really want, isn’t it?

Premier Icon prawny
    Subscriber

I thought it was easier than expected. I got 21, one was a misstap the another was the fundamentals of British life. But I was basing my answer on recent experience, I think people value driving a car much more than treating others fairly or looking after the environment.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

My missus has just had to go through all this, daft box ticking nonsense designed to pacify Daily Mail readers

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Passed.

20 /24 with a couple of silly mistakes.

Also failed. Please dont send me back to Ireland, the IRA Sinn Fein are rising in power

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I failed because there wasn’t an option for who gives a F***

Which, ironically, would mark you out as more suitable for integration into British culture.

Though it is important to know who the Chartists were.

I didn’t know when St David’s Day was, although I got the right month. And I guessed the ‘early Christian’ question.

Bustaspoke

21 / 24 However I had to guess a few.
    It’s ironic that I passed as if I was younger I’d put in plans to emigrate,preferably N/Z or Oz…

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

18. And that included 2 guesses and the car answer that I’d have got wrong if I hadn’t read this thread.
    Does this mean I can leave?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Just started another one.

First question: Which word comes from Viking – Arm, Leg, Cow, Scunthorpe? Actual WTF!

Got it right, mind you.

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

which way to the exit door 🥳

Edukator

As TJ notes, the christianty question is bollocks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/history/uk_1.shtml

And yes the car is more British than environmental protection. That’s the easiest one I’ve done so far, I passed.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

21/24, do I win a free curry & pint in Wetherspoons?  I was really hoping to be deported somewhere sunny

It’s a trap of lies.

(IIRC)

Which one of these is not a British value

A. Looking after the environment
    B. Treating others with fairness
    C. Driving a car

*edit just seen Edukator’s post, seems I’m not alone. Of all things owning and driving a car is evidently the most important thing to most Brits.

kerley

It’s ironic that I passed as if I was younger I’d put in plans to emigrate,preferably N/Z

Good luck with emigrating to New Zealand. I though the same but they make it a lot harder than doing a silly test. Was thinking of retiring there but the amount of money you have to invest within a few years is astounding.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Maybe you need to study the guide, Cougar. You know the one that everybody who takes the test is supposed to study first..

Ah, fair, I didn’t know about that.

To be honest though, that makes it even more daft. You’re not “knowing about Britain,” you’re demonstrating the ability to memorise a book. Surely it’d be far better to ask questions that most people reasonably integrated into society would be likely to know, like “who is Stephen Fry”?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

No. 7 is a stinker! First failure.

Utter bollox. Being able to answer University Challenge style questions seems a bit OTT.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

23/24 on test one. I got the one about appointments of lords wrong .If you’re having to leave, can I get first dibs on any bikes? Thanks

munrobiker

My wife did this a couple of years ago. It was a real ordeal – you get a book to revise for it which basically details whatever the government of the day thinks you should think about the UK. Which is why some of the answers are wrong – if the Conservative government wants you to think something specific, that’s the answer, not the real answer.

There were no questions about women in history, only men. Including that most important of people, the man who introduced shampoo to the UK.

I struggled with most of the questions. It’s a hateful nonsense that’s basically propaganda for filthy forrins.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Some of the replies here were confusing me. I’ve just realised, I linked to “test 15” (or thought I had) whereas the link is going to test 1.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Which one of these is not a British value

I deliberately answered treating each other with fairness. Yeah that showed them.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

… and test 1 is a lot easier.

This is what I meant to link to:

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/?test=15

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Some of the replies here were confusing me. I’ve just realised, I linked to “test 15” (or thought I had) whereas the link is going to test 1.

That kind of half-assed approach reaffirms you as a true Brit.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

That kind of half-assed approach reaffirms you as a true Brit.

Hah!

I actually posted the correct link, it was the forum’s auto-embedding which mangled it. With a shameless misuse of mod powers I’ve edited the OP.

Onzadog

Not looked at the test, but I’d like to be deported. I can fail any test if I put my mind to it.

Bustaspoke

Good luck with emigrating to New Zealand.

I’m in my late 50’s now so I’m going to be stuck in Brexitland,had a couple of mates move out there back in the 90’s.I was happy here until recent events.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I actually posted the correct link, it was the forum’s auto-embedding which mangled it.

Not seeing that on my iPad. 🙂

Jesus, 15 is the worst yet. Failed by miles.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Woohoo! Do I get to choose where I get sent?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

No. 7 is a stinker! First failure.

Incidentally, aside from the confusion I’ve just caused by changing the URL, the test questions appear to be in a random order so “number 7” could be anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.