Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Looks like PlanetX aint afraid of Mr Jones
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Use http://whatbars.com/ to compare your current bar with them. On my Jones bars an 80mm stem puts the centre of the bar ends 50mm to the rear of the steerer. As @steezysix says, angle them down between ten and fifteen degrees, I used an inclinometer app on my phone as a starting point then adjusted as necessary.

They do take a bit of getting right.

Edit: IMO they are better when set higher than the slammed mode du jour, level with the saddle or thereabouts.

shermer75
    Free Member

The way the pound is I have exactly zero chance of being able to afford the Jones bars so this is good for me.

Thanks also to Brant, it looks like On One is returning to what it used to be which was providing well manufactured stuff that we want at a great price

shermer75
    Free Member

montgomery

Compared to the Mary bars I currently run.

Thanks for this, really useful!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Though I quite liked straight bars with Egon bar-end grips I wanted to try out some loops on the Mk1 Longitude for long rides . Glad that they were affordable as the extra cabling, bar tape and new riser stem bumped the conversion up nearer the price of the basic Jones loop bar, which given said extras required was well out of my budget.

I tried the On One bars first with a 110mm stem with little rise. Same again with a 90mm. Both had me feeling a little bow-backed/crick-necked so I bought the longest 45deg stem I could find (90mm), some Ergon GC1s and angled the bars slightly back/down. Config seems to be a great improvement, at least on the short test rides to date but planning a longer multi-day tour so will see how it goes.

brant
    Free Member

I would rotate them down a bit more. Even having them pointing at your rear axle isn’t a crazy idea.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m guessing things like the Surly Moloko bag and the Wildcat Tom Cat bag will fit nicely inside that loop? Has anybody tried this?

shermer75
    Free Member

Like this:

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Looks like PlanetX aint afraid of Mr Jones’ is closed to new replies.