Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Looks like a Maglite, feels like a Maglite…is it a Maglite?
  • dooosuk
    Free Member

I’m looking for a 3D or 4D cell aluminium/metal bodied torch. Are there any other alternatives to Maglite?

Couldn’t see much on Ebay (first place I’ve looked).

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m looking for a 3D or 4D cell aluminium/metal bodied torch

Why?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Why?

Weapon of choice for burglar bashing, innit!

Northwind

That’s why I still have my 4 cell, sometimes it’s convenient if your blunt instrument has a light on the end.

Yak

Are there any other alternatives to Maglite?

a cheap small cree something or other torch, and then a set of old bombers for the owning?

perchypanther
    Free Member

If only someone could replace the legs on an old set of bombers with two 4D cell maglites…. the ultimate weapon for burglar ownage 😯

kcal

/applause/

mark90
    Free Member

http://www.ledlenser-store.co.uk/torches-c70/p17-2-led-torch-p960/s2150

It’s brighter than a Maglite (if that matters), but twice the price and a little lighter (if that matters).

aracer
    Free Member

I’d have thought the opposite, given the only obvious reason for a big maglite as discussed above, when tiny easily portable lights are brighter.

Stoner
    Free Member

why not just gaffer tape a cree torch to a baseball bat and be done with it!

mark90
    Free Member

aracer, that is exactly what I was hinting at 🙂

I’m sure it’s the only reason 4D Maglites are still in production.

My 4D lives under the bed in case of a power cut.

Although in the dark reaching under the bed to find something of those dimensions can result in the wrong battery operated device coming to hand 😯

perchypanther
    Free Member

why not just gaffer tape a cree torch to a baseball bat and be done with it!

’cause the po-po would crucify you if you brained an intruder with a premeditated weapon.
    Less so if you happen to “accidentally” whack them with the torch that you’re carrying because the lights don’t work because the main circuit breaker was mysteriously switched off when intruders happened to be rifling through your sock drawer.

I used to work as a security guard in an abandoned steelworks where physical clashes with intruders was relatively commonplace.
    We were expressly prohibited from carrying anything that could be construed as being a weapon of any kind but it was recommended that, due to the poor lighting conditions that may be encountered, that all guards might like to provide themselves with a torch.
    Everyone had a 4d Maglite. Just sayin’ 😉

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Have had similar advice from the police. Two foot of oak is an offensive weapon, a maglite is a torch.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Looks like a Maglite, feels like a Maglite…is it a Maglite?’ is closed to new replies.