Looking to purchase new post mount disc brakes will they work with 180/200 rotor

Home Forum Bike Forum Looking to purchase new post mount disc brakes will they work with 180/200 rotor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking to purchase new post mount disc brakes will they work with 180/200 rotor
  • khani
    Member

    They’ll have 1.5mm of pad with no disc in between, so when they wear the pads will develop a step which will eventually meet and stop them clamping the disc and stop them from stopping you…
    Adapters are 6quid ish from disco brakes so just get some 180-200 adapters and use those…

    kwack
    Member

    Hi,

    Simple questions which I have hunted for and cant seem to find a simple answer

    I have 180/200mm rotor setup and am looking to buy some new disc brakes. The mounts seem to come in 183/203 and whilst it is only 3mm difference wondered whether these would fit ok with no rubbing etc

    My guess is it would be as the rotors are smaller rather than larger but would welcome opinions

    Cheers
    Kwack

    kwack
    Member

    Thanks for the advise – i searched for adaptors but couldn’t seem to find any

    Cheers

    kwack
    Member

    Taken a look – might have to get new dics by look of it as there isnt a 200 adaptor

    khani
    Member

    Front IS fork to PM brake 200mm
    Front post to post 200mm
    If you’ve got an IS fork its the top one, and a PM fork the bottom,
    On the front post to post mount use your own bolts and not the avid ones with the washers supplied with it.

    kwack
    Member

    cool many thanks – silly question but are these and other generic adaptors be ok to use for Hope brakes?

    khani
    Member

    99% of the time yes, the other 1% you might have to file it down a bit to get it to fit,
    M4’s and Moto V2’s can be a bugger cos of the bigger calipers..

    kwack
    Member

    M4 are the ones I be looking at

    khani
    Member

    Oh… You might need to get the file out for those,
    or use it as an excuse to get some nice pimpy floating rotors..

    kwack
    Member

    Looks like I might be filing the adaptor a touch to get it to fit my existing 180/200mm rotors.

    Alternatively I seen some standard discs in 203/183 for around £11 each non hope guess these are fine to use

    Kwack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking to purchase new post mount disc brakes will they work with 180/200 rotor’ is closed to new replies.