• This topic has 44 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Looking forward to my summer hols. Where are you going?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Need a break.

Marazion in August for a couple of weeks. Can’t wait.

And you?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Erm… Morzine in August.

Family trip this time, my lot love it, but I’m a bit wary that we’ve been a lot luckier as a family weather-wise than I’ve been going with mates.

Daytrip to Turin planned, swimming in the lakes, horse riding etc, all good healthy outdoors stuff.

Oh, and I might take a day to myself on the lifts I guess…

vmgscot

Biking/sightseeing roadtrip with the GF – California, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada loop

Ages yet but I can’t help youtubing trails most days 🙂

kilo

Just had ten days in Kerry and in a month BC in Canada, Mrs Kilo doing singletrack 6, I am going to pit bitch for her and chill.

IHN

I’ve had mine already *sob*

Then again, it was two weeks in Belize, so can’t really grumble.

weeksy

Been to Germany on the KTM already.

Next up is Burgundy with the family with a day/night in Morzine thrown in for fun and MTB insanity with the STWers.

rickmeister

Nothern Poland / Masuren area and fatbiking on the beach along the Vistula spit to the Kalinningrad border.

WW2 family history trip. Mrs Rickmeisters mum is from here and fled from the advancing russians onto the frozen sea and eventually to Danzig / Gdansk. Also taking in the Wolfschanze and Von Staufenburg Hitler assassination thing too

fasthaggis

Have had to cancel all summer plans,hope October’s nice.

robbo1234biking

Already done a Norwegian Fjords cruise and a week in Brittany. Got a week camping in the New Forest in 2 weeks time so expect the weather to break by then and to get ridiculously wet!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Praia dos Salgados, Algarve, Portugal for two weeks.

Fly out on Sunday.

On an unrelated but more angry note……the difference in cost for five of us to fly on the same days, to the same hotel from Glasgow rather than Manchester?

Nearly four thousand quid.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mwnt.

We’ve already been away in May to Scotland and the weather was lovely, now it’s been baking ever since so I already feel like I’ve had a summer holiday!

aP
    Free Member

Cevennes (400k superlight road trip with 8,000m of climbing)/ Bordeaux (visting Pessac)/ Normandy then in September Tuscany (600km superlight road trip with 10,000m of climbing)..Oh, and 30 year+ Venture Scout reunion on the edges of Dartmoor.

whitestone
    Free Member

France. All of it. Well nearly all – we are doing the French Divide in August so top right to bottom left, just a lot of along and a lot of up. Route link – https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1F2xLTFELs_47dQ3RfwhA8QtVOgU&ll=46.76453612654039%2C2.950183078613236&z=6

@rickmeister

Nothern Poland / Masuren area and fatbiking on the beach along the Vistula spit to the Kalinningrad border.

Sounds interesting. I’m sure I saw a report somewhere about riding those spits, looking at the map the Russian border is halfway along both so might be interesting logistically.

stevied
    Free Member

.Cornwall, end of August. Bet the weather’s not like it is now 🙁

timbog160

Samoens in France – middle 2 weeks in August – hoping to get a day in each of Les Gets and Morzine as well

jekkyl

Uk holiday this year. A week near Weymouth in Dorset and a week near Teignmouth in Devon. Both near the coast minutes walk from the beach. I’m being allowed to take a mounting bike so I shall be seeking stwers to show me the highlights. Usually I’m allowed out first thing while Mrs and kids relax and then we go out after lunch. I live in the Midlands so usually really enjoy coastal cycling. 😎🚲😍

perchypanther
    Free Member

Marazion in August for a couple of weeks. Can’t wait.

Look out for this in Marazion…… just for the lols.

jam-bo

.Cornwall, end of August. Bet the weather’s not like it is now

hope not, hasn’t been any waves for weeks.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Northern Spain in late August/early September, as the Vuelta passes through

willard

Here for two weeks: http://www.skydive.se/en/

I just hope the weather holds… I’d like to get to 100 jumps by the end of the fortnight.

sadexpunk

been to kos in may, got a villa in tuscany lined up in august, then we’ll probs have a september one somewhere else greeky, pelopponese, crete, kefalonia…… who knows, maybe even kos again.

scruff9252

Fly out to Iceland at sunrise on Sunday for a week, then straight to the boat for a week of sailing the Inner Hebrides.

If Iceland doesn’t totally wash us out financially then hopefully get away for 2 weeks cycling in France in August.

I just have a couple of odd ends to tie up at work then I’m offski!

Sandwich

Summer holiday? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I work in the holiday trade, not a chance. Wintersun for me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Boss of my main client died a month ago. His widow closed the newpapers. I’m busy trying to find a lot more work in a hurry. So no holiday for me. I am in Weymouth checking out business down here.

So I’m near the beach in the sun. But it is not a holiday. Honest.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

been to kos in may, got a villa in tuscany lined up in august, then we’ll probs have a september one somewhere else greeky, pelopponese, crete, kefalonia…… who knows, maybe even kos again.

You are e e cummings and ICM£5.

Tracey

Out in Petzen at the moment then back to work for a couple of weeks before our Alps trip

colp

Go out to Austria on Wednesday for 8 weeks, with a week in Croatia in the middle, lucky man.

carlos
    Free Member

Had a week in Andorra riding with a group of friends, a long weekend in Cromer camping back in May with the Mrs and  Its our 10th wedding anniversary this year so heading to the Maldives for 2 weeks in September. #nokids #noworries

TheBrick
    Free Member

Scotland for a week in August, but it looks like it will be taken up by family (in-laws) stuff, maybe one day mtbing.

I might get to do a rad dad’s BMX trip back up to Scotland in September fingers crossed to compensate for the massive lack of mtbing this year.

matt_outandabout

Zakopane in Polish Tatra mountains for a week, then a week up on Great Glen while eldest_OAB spends a week with Mr B. Cathro.

So, some of this.

This

Maybe a day at

flyingmonkeycorps

Lazy week chilling in Devon (with a few cheeky Exmoor rides) in the middle of July, then bikepacking offroad coast to coast in August. It seems likely that it will piss it down for both, so sorry about that.

NZCol

Week in Morzine, week in Zermatt, week in campervan in scotland then a week cycling in Pyrenees. Roughing it.

bob_summers

Off every year from mid June to Sept, this week just my 5yo and me tenting on the Cantabrian coast, will be here for another week(ish) then it’s the slow route up through France to the lake district to visit my old man. We take turns to visit alternate years and I really look forward to going. Probably spend August flitting from Pyrenees to coast as San Sebastián is crap in high season, rather be anywhere but home.

Kryton57

Menorca with the family.  Sun, sea and swimming pools, and mucho Cerveza!

dove1

A Mediterranean cruise for the middle 2 weeks in August. First not-camping holiday for a few years so really looking forward to relaxing and visiting some nice places.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Canal boat in the morning. It may sink as we board all the “provisions”…..

sadexpunk

You are e e cummings and ICM£5

Er………who?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Alpajurras in late September for some Ciclo Montana fun. My last gasp big mountain mtb break before Xmas.

bsims
    Free Member

Norfolk broads and Newquay.

Any Norfolk STWers, can you point me to a good ride? With and without family.

PMK2060

Off to Fuerteventura with the family in August. Taking the bike to get out early as the rest of the family enjoy a lie in.

In September I am doing a cycle tour from Basel to Rotterdam following the river Rhine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Looking forward to my summer hols. Where are you going?’ is closed to new replies.