Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for riding buddies in the Peak District on Mon-Tue next week
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m heading up to the Peak District on Mon-Tue next week (8-9 Aug).

My riding buddy has cancelled on me, so I’ll be travelling alone.

As I’m not familiar with the area, it’d be great to hook up with some riders with some knowledge of the local trails.

I’d say I’m a fairly experienced rider with decent fitness.

I’ll be staying at YHA Hathersage so looking to ride the Hope Valley or broader Dark Peak area.

Thanks in advance!

mildbore

I may be up for one of these days if my bad back improves. I know most trails around, what sort of riding are you up for?

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Hi mildbore, sorry for the late reply, I got stuck in work meetings.

I’m not fussy. I’ve never ridden in the Peaks, so not sure what to expect exactly. I usually ride in the Surrey Hills, so I imagine the riding to be very different. I’d be up for a 40km, or so, loop with some nice technical descents. I don’t mind a bit of cheek if that’s what it takes to get the best out of the area.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mildbore

Ok well think rocks, open techie descents but nothing mental.
    One of the beauties of the Dark Peak is that the trails kindly organise themselves into loops, each one taking about an hour, so it’s easy to adjust rides to how you feel on the day.
    If you want to email me at grumpytechnophobe@gmail.com at the weekend I should have some idea of whether, when and where I’m up for riding. May bring a mate along

jet26
    Free Member

If you guys have room for an extra give me a shout. About that area roughly and be up for a ride

coolbeanz
    Free Member

mildbore, that sounds perfect.

My email is piotr.ortonowski@gmail.com. I’ll email you my phone number just in case.

jet26, if mildbore is cool with it, I’m more than happy for you to join.

Perhaps post your email so we can reach you.

Should be a good ride!

mildbore

Jet26, email me and I’ll keep you in the loop

twang
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind joining on too,I’m free next week..Mildbore=Paul?
    Pat

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Totally fine by me twang. Just leave some contact details.

mildbore

Hi Pat, yeah just email me and we’ll keep you in the loop. ATM thinking meet up Monday so long as my back improves. Join the email train to sort out where and when

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for riding buddies in the Peak District on Mon-Tue next week’ is closed to new replies.