Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for a nice spot to stop en route from south Wales to Scotland
  • neil29679
    Free Member

As per title. I’m taking g family to south Wales for a few days motor home trip. Riding bike park wales then planning to head along to Tenby.
    From there I’m looking for a nice place to stop for the night and spend the the day in before heading up to innerliethen. Ideally north Wales or further north. Need to break up the journey so I’ve not got a massive drive to inners in one go.
    Suggestions welcome.

mashr

Betws-y-Coed? Really liked a wee trip there a few years ago, plenty good riding all around too

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a spot called the Lake District just slightly off your route, worth a look if you’ve not been there before.

richardkennerley

Blackpool

nick1962
    Free Member

Todmorden/Hebden Bridge,almost halfway.Small campsites ideal for motorhomes in both.Apparently some decent riding too if you have the legs.Hebden is a bit of tourist hotspot anyway if you want family rather than bike time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lymm, just of the M6 after Warrington, it’s a lorry wee place.

neil29679
    Free Member

Sorry should have said. A non riding day. Something leisurely and scenic to do with the family

IA

Somewhere on Hadrian’s wall for a wander?

Lakes as suggested above is also an obvious candidate, or perhaps Yorkshire Dales/moors?

oldtennisshoes

Chester, Skipton, Kendal

IdleJon

😂 That’s pretty much the whole of the country to choose from. You might need to narrow it down slightly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a nice spot to stop en route from south Wales to Scotland’ is closed to new replies.