Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Looking for a new shed. Any recommendations?
  • yetitony
    Free Member

Looking for a new shed to house bikes and other general garden clutter. Approx 8 x 10 size.
    Anyone found any good bargains recently or know good online firms?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Speak to footflaps on here… an expert in sheds

woolymonster
    Free Member

Looking for one too, just for the bikes though…will be interested to see the answers on this 🙂

stoat
    wurzelcube
    Free Member

+1 for Tigersheds, I bought one 4.5 years ago and service was great as is the shed.

jet26
    Free Member

Calling foot flaps…..

Not sure his comes in the ‘bargain’ category though!

falkirk-mark

Can you not get one purpose built by a local guy, thats what I did and got one with no windows and thicker T&G with the door bolted onto the frame with coach bolts. TBH it was not any really any dearer than buying an off the peg, Also buy one with a proper wooden floor and roof as the chipboard type ones are 5h1t.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

One of my colleagues is selling a Renault – that should be perfect

timbur
    Free Member

Tigersheds.
    Well worth the wait for the cost. Oh, don’t believe the lead in times :O)
    And…………. the basic orange colour is TANGO orange. Go and buy a £10 woodtreatment pot and do it before getting it screwed together.
    And…………. buy a load of screws as they only send a few bolts which IMHO aren’t enough. Get it screwed up good and tight first time round and it should last.
    I put ours on a concrete base with fence post sleepers. They come with a pallet style base but belts and braces is my approach as it’s there to last and it’s easier to do it right first time when it’s empty than when it’s full and falling to bits.
    Tim

trail_rat
    Free Member

[

+1 for build yer own -ignoring the temporary door fixture/weedy padlock that cost 350 quid for the wood from the sawmill and is still standing today – 2.5 years later – lasted alot longer than anything the landlord had put up in his garden next door – due to constant wind pummeling it – he was so impressed he bought it from me when i left.

plecostomus
    Free Member

If your near north Wales I have a pal who builds sheds (local farmers son) super solid wont blow away unlike the crap you get from b&q failing that build your own!

hammyuk
    Free Member

warwick buildings in Southam

properbikeco
    Free Member

build your own in rough swan 4×2 and finish exterior however you want

i’d roof it with tin though not felt

jasanpete
    Free Member

http://www.gardenshedsrus.co.uk are brilliant. Total custom builds to suit you, they offer standard sheds with or without windows, security doors, Free dip treatment & erection delivery, My parents used them 17 years ago and still has a shed, Yeh its been re-felted and painted every year but still strong, Living in rural area its had a beating by the weather aswell. Good luck

dazzlingboy

another +1 for tiger sheds

gazc
    Free Member

if you like a bit of DIY try building your own. I’ve built 2, one from recycled/salvaged timber (cost about £30 to build it) and the second using timber i bought from a local merchant (total about £120). took about two weekends for either, plus a bit of time to sort the recycled timber into usable/matching sizes. lots of guides online but i freestyled it a bit, mainly inspired by my dads sheds he built when we were kids. both are solid and way more secure than a B&Q shed for the same money

RobHilton
    Free Member

Sound required – not actually a recommendation, just my favourite (shed) website.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a new shed. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.